Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product review

Hi there, I'm a new member to the Pitmaster club. I've referenced this site off and on over the years and wanted to show some support instead of freeloading. That being said, I do have a question. I looked through all the smoker reviews and was hoping to see some items from Johnson Custom Smokers in Ennis, Texas. I've been considering for a while their Ultimate Tailgating Rig but I haven't been able to find a review or testimonial anywhere. I figured it would be an excellent item for this site to review due to the versatility, presumed quality, and price. If nothing else, maybe just be able to shed some light on it if you happen to have any info on it. Until then, I'll keep rocking my PBC...

BBQ'd_Nuke, Welcome to The Pit! You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! I think I remember someone in the Pit Posting about the Johnson Custom Smokers you could do a search of the posts under the smoker category! Also you could ask Max Good if he has any information on the Johnson Custom Smokers! Max is a good guy and does the Product Reviews for Amazing Ribs! Jerod Broussard would also a good contact for info! Jerod lives in NE Texas and is a Moderator for The Pit Club! I hope this helps You in the meantime there are lots of PBC owners in The Pit!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 8, 2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

They are one of 100's of custom pit makers in the country. Very hard for Max to get his hands on products from every company, much less every product from each maker.

I think LA Pork Butt has a Johnson Smoker.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard I have no idea what a Johnson Smoker might be. I have BGE large and MiniMax, and Weber Jumbo Joe.

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Ma bad I think it is Pork Lord. I realized it when I saw I had a message. I apologize.

Wow those babies look like they are built like a brick Sh#$ house. Looks like you pay for it too. But If the quality is there, I don't mind paying extra. BBQ'd_Nuke

Comment

Welcome BBQ'd_Nuke

Comment

As Jerod states, it's difficult to cover all the small regional fabricators, good as many may be. I am aware of Johnson and have a favorable impression of them.

Comment

Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback so far, seems like there's lots of answers to be found here, glad I joined. That being said, I definitely have no plans to retire the PBC. I've hed mine for 3 years now and I absolutely love it!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude, you must have had one of the first ones.

• BBQ'd_Nuke
                BBQ'd_Nuke commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, almost 3. I think I got it 8/13...

Welcome aboard BBQ'd_Nuke!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BBQ'd_Nuke! Nice to have you here, glad you got an answer to your question. I'm going to move this thread to our Introduce Yourself channel so more members can read your intro and welcome you.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here