Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

danpatdav, here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

danpatdav, here!

Hello everyone! My name is Daniel and I am a computer geek recently relocated to New Jersey after being born and raised in Texas. Been enamored with beef (steaks/burgers/brisket/fajitas) my whole life, but I have been kind of lazy in my approach to cooking--focusing maybe too much on beer and company and not enough on, well, cooking. Always ambitious, but frequently disappointed in the results I have decided enough is enough. I *will* master this BBQ thing.

So as of today, I have a PBC, a Maverick ET732, a bunch of Kingsford, and two pork butts brining in the beer fridge. I also have a dozen tabs open in my browser, trying to learn everything I need to know before I start cooking in the early hours tomorrow morning.

Beyond my recent BBQ mania, I like camping, hiking, boating, dirt biking... I enjoy pretty much anything with my wife and three kids.

I am the only person in my family that likes beef ribs and this makes me sad.

Welcome to the Pit! danpatdav Coming from Texas you are obligated to master this BBQ thing!

Comment

Hi Daniel ... Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

danpatdav - welcome to The pit and welcome to The Obsession!

What's a good Texas boy like you doing in NJ!

Comment

danpatdav, Welcome to The Pit! Mom wanted to make life easy for Me so she named me Danny! Easy hell, I've been explaining to people for 66 Yrs that it isn't Daniel, Danial, or Danielle? The Crosses We Bear!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

danpatdav Welcome to the Pit. We will be looking to you for some good Beef ideas. Have fun and enjoy!

Comment

Welcome aboard danpatdav. Pork butts are our favorite. I have 2 that will go on my Big Green Egg just after midnight for dinner tomorrow at 6pm.

Comment

Welcome danpatdav

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Comment

Welcome, danpatdav ! Are you dry-brining or wet-brining? If you're wet-brining, pull those butts tonight or they'll come out too salty.

Best,
                    Bill

Comment

• danpatdav
                      danpatdav commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well... I don't know. I forgot to rinse and dry the butts before I salted them. So it was kinda moist on the surface. But I did leave them uncovered in the fridge. So I am trying to dry brine. I think.

• billg71
                      billg71 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a dry brine. Wet brine is when you dissolve salt and whatever else in water and soak the meat. You're good with overnight on a dry brine.

So how did your cook come out? Pics are good.

Welcome to the pit Daniel, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the University of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit danpatdav! What a great intro! I laughed, I cried, I pondered... Well, not really. But I share your wonderment on how my wife & 3 kids also don't care much for beef ribs and yet I do so much.

Great food in your future!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Daniel. Good luck mastering the BBQ thing, just don't forget about the beer. If the family doesn't like beef ribs, hell I'll come up there from Texas and enjoy it with you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here