Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy, All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy, All!

I live in Texas. I love barbecue. I was looking for advice on a new grill, and I found this site. I have been telling my wife it was time for a new grill since the end of last summer...a nice expensive grill to dominate our patio. I took her to lowes with me, all the while wondering out loud if we had enough space in the back of our suv to fit the massive grill I was going to buy. I would of course keep it under $1200. I had her pretty worked up when I breezed by the humongous grills on display and pulled a Weber '22 premium off the shelf. Based on reviews and suggestions here, I decided to crawl before I walk. Already ordered the SnS to work with. I chuckled at her relief for the rest of the night. Had a margherita and put together our new grill....now I can't wait to get the SnS here.

dandydon

Welcome! This is certainly a great place to feed your new addiction!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

dandydon, Welcome to The Pit! My compliments to You and Your Weber & S 'n S Purchase! If you don't have a good Digital Thermometer may I suggest a Maverick 732 or 733 and of Coarse you will need a Thermopen Instant Read Thermometer! If you have a farthing or two yet to spend You might want to consider a Temp Controller (not necessary but nice)! Consider a DigiiQ-2 by BBQ Guru or an Auber! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Don!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Don, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

dandydon - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! Congrats on the Weber 22". It's a great kettle and with the SnS, you're in store for some great Q!

Comment

Welcome dandydon

Comment

Welcome to the pit dandydon ! I use an 18" WSM for smoking, and right now, just a cheap, cheap charcoal grill that is ok for burgers or a quick steak. Hope to graduate that part to a Weber and SnS when finance allows another purchase. That Weber with the SnS will do some fine smokin' itself, from what I read.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit dandydon! Nice to have you here. You do that opposite of what I do in stores- walk out only spending 10% of your initial plan! You made a great choice though, you'll put out some Grade A BBQ with your setup. When/if you see the need to expand, the sky's the limit with the options available to you, and the same for the great advice from our members here with experience all over the board.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome dandydon!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here