Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty, "I am happy to join the community!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty, "I am happy to join the community!"

I am a retired Soldier (Psychological Operations First Sergeant) and am currently a Department of Defense civilian at Fortress Bragg, otherwise known as the center of the universe. I have four adult children and spent the last twenty years on grassroots efforts for wrestling in our state. Now my wife and I spend our spare time at the gun range. I also keep a pretty productive garden and grow almost everything from seeds myself. I love going out to the garden, picking breakfast, lunch or dinner and eating while its "heart" is still beating.
    I had a Holland Grill for 15 years and cooked everything on it from muffins to steaks and turkeys. When it finally died, I converted it to a cold smoker and bought a cheap gas grill. That was a mistake and violated one of my rules to buy the best you can afford. The new grill lasted a year so after a lot consideration I went back to the tried and true Weber charcoal grill I grew up with. I make a pretty mean Carolina (vinegar) Barbecue and am looking forward to taking it to new levels with the Weber. I hope to master charcoal smoking and am looking forward to smoking some pork butts this weekend and the thanksgiving bird this year as well as integrated herbs from the garden into rubs and brines.Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19368.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	161639
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	161638

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	161641

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here