Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Midwest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Midwest...

I recently joined the club, and am really looking forward to upping my game when it comes to grilling & smoking. I have grilled over charcoal for many years, with my favorite meats being rib eye steak & Iowa chops. Last summer I bought two new items; a Weber Performer Deluxe grill & a Weber Smokey Mountain 18" cooker. I smoked brisket & a pork shoulder for the first time, and was very pleased with the results. Since joining the club I have purchased the Slow 'N' Sear, the Thermapen & the Maverick ET-732. These are great essentials that will really help me improve my results. I am looking forward to smoking ribs in the near future. It will be my first attempt! Looking forward to learning a lot here, and if I can share a tip or two along the way, I certainly will!

welcome to the pit fellow midwesterner

Comment

Welcome here. Smoke on brother.
      Damn site better 'n Facebook 😁

Comment

Welcome to the pit, those Iowa chops are great when grilled.

Comment

Welcome aboard csthomas61. Nice hardware setup you've got.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit, and thanks for sharing what you cook on and like to cook.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit csthomas61! Great to have you here. Nice job on your signature too. You have some fine equipment to get you to pitmaster status quickly. For your first attempt at ribs, of course you're aware of Meathead's Last Meal Ribs recipe I'm sure, but also check out ABCbarbecue.com's ribs recipe to tailor it to your SnS, if that's what you'll use.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• csthomas61
                  csthomas61 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Huskee. I have looked at Meathead's Last Meal recipe, and I will check out the ABC recipe as well. I am trying to decide which cooker to use; the Performer or the WSM. Since this is my first attempt at ribs, do you have any thoughts on that?

csthomas61, Welcome to The Pit! You're Enrolled in the BBQ Univ Now! 👍👍👍 Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

csthomas61 commented
                      April 28th, 2016, 03:54 PM

Thanks Huskee. I have looked at Meathead's Last Meal recipe, and I will check out the ABC recipe as well. I am trying to decide which cooker to use; the Performer or the WSM. Since this is my first attempt at ribs, do you have any thoughts on that?
                      csthomas61 Tough choice, not sure there's a better answer. Are you doing one rack or more than one? The Weber/SnS is a great cooker for one rack, two if you cut them in half and position the halves properly, and it will cook your ribs with one chimney full of briquets. The WSM might hold more, but it has its own necessary arranging. I don't own a WSM myself so I can't comment which one would taste better, if any different at all, but I can assure you the kettle/SnS is 'Grade A' if you follow the lighting techniques.

Comment

• csthomas61
                        csthomas61 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for your reply. Since I just bought the SNS, I think I will try it on the Performer. It sounds like a great method!

Welcome csthomas61! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit csthomas61 . Sounds like you've already gotten your money back out of your Pitmaster Club investment. Way to jump in there and put that new knowledge to work!

Comment

Welcome to the pit csthomas61 !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here