Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member....

New member from the middle of Illinois.... If I'm not doing something unimportant, I'm cooking. Inside or outside, I'm hooked on playing with my food -- once a kid always a kid I guess.... Currently I am using a MAK 2 Star (which replaced a smoky mountain a few years ago) and, after way too many years to count, I just retired my Weber kettle and ordered a new Premier in copper -- due to arrive on Thursday (can barely wait) along with a few essentials like a pizza stone and an SnS. Oh, and a new thermometer that talks to my iPhone since the Mavericks are dedicated to the MAK. Oh -- and new frog mats since my others are a bit worn. And I'm thinking about a sear grate fed by a vortex. Or maybe just the vortex... And, and, and.... It never ends....

Welcome to the pit elderberry ! And a big Howdy to middle Illinois from Northwest Mississippi. Looks like you got some dandy tools there to work with. What's your favorite thing to cook? Mine is brisket, although I do a lot more chicken and pork, but when I can get me a brisket, then the good times are on. I use a WSM myself.

Comment

• elderberry
      elderberry commented
      Editing a comment
      Storlok, my favorite slow cook is ribs -- with pulled pork a close 2nd -- because I love to eat both. For the quick stuff it is steak....

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      elderberry I would reverse the order to shoulder then ribs. Since I have moved to Texas I have Ben venturing into more beef, but so far pork is still my favorite.

Welcome elderberry!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit? Are you a Berry who is an elder?

Comment

• elderberry
        elderberry commented
        Editing a comment
        Elderberry came about years ago at work when they gave me a Blackberry and told me to take it everywhere except the shower (seriously -- it was one of "those" types of jobs). It was a red unit so when I joined crackberry forum (I love forums) I became elderberry and use it on all forums....

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Great story elderberry.

This is where my reply to Storlok and LA Pork Butt used to reside -- until I got smarter and figured out I could just put them in their posts as comments...
      Last edited by elderberry; April 27, 2016, 04:14 AM. Reason: Well, the reason I edited is 'cause I'm still learning... :)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit elderberry! Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome elderberry! I am from Southern IL Centralia. I've had a MaK 2 star for quite awhile and love convenience and results. I recently purchased a KBQ stick burner and love it. It is awesome and at the same time it needs to be fed every 30-40 mins for the entire cook. I use Cookin Pellet perfect mix pellets and purchase them by the pallet as they are much less expensive. If you are ever south, stop by and pick up a couple bags.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit elderberry! Great to have you here. Nice cookers....I'm partial to the copper premium kettle too! You just might find the SnS negates the need for the Vortex, but who's to say...the more toys the better! Nice job on your sig too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard elderberry !

Comment

Welcome elderberry

Comment

Welcome to The Pit elderberry . I feel your pain. The quest for new BBQ "tools" never ends.

Comment

elderberry, Welcome to The Pit! You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I have a vortex, and I am here to tell you it is the bomb for hot and fast cooks! Chicken wings and thighs come out wonderful with that thing! No turning necessary. Also pork chops. And it will put a killer sear on a steak!
                        Last edited by Thunder77; April 27, 2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                          Danjohnston949 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thunder77, We dance to the same Fiddler jg! I am still learning how to properly use it but I find for Chicken
                          Legs and Thighs (Can't Afford Wings) and a Reverse Seared Steak it is hard to beat! The S 'n S and the Vortex Compliment each other nicely! From Fargo

• Thunder77
                          Thunder77 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Danjohnston949, you betcha! SnS is my go to for low and slow!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here