Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New kid on the block, can't wait to join the fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New kid on the block, can't wait to join the fun.

Hi all

My name is David, a student at Ohio State. I am from the Dayton, Ohio area originally and spend the summer back home there in the middle of nowhere. I recently used this site a lot to shop for a new smoker and think I have decided on the Rec Tec 680 with the Kitchen Package. I loved the (very quick) help I received and knew this was a forum I had to join. I currently have another post up seeking guidance for a BBQ Roadtrip that will take up most of my summer this year and would love your help https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-them-and-more

Can't wait to meet you all! If you're from Central Ohio lets smoke together!

Welcome DavidFlyby

Comment

DavidFlyby - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Best of luck with your upcoming finals! What's your major?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DavidFlyby . Good luck with your BBQ Roadtrip. I'm very jealous! To help you whilst in the great state of Texas I have included the link to Texas Monthly's TMBBQ ( http://www.tmbbq.com/top-50/), which includes a list of the top 50 barbecue joints in the world, or Texas, which is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
          Welcome to The Pit DavidFlyby . Good luck with your BBQ Roadtrip. I'm very jealous! To help you whilst in the great state of Texas I have included the link to Texas Monthly's TMBBQ ( http://www.tmbbq.com/top-50/), which includes a list of the top 50 barbecue joints in the world, or Texas, which is the same thing.
          Thank you BigBear! That is very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by CeramicChef View Post
            DavidFlyby - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Best of luck with your upcoming finals! What's your major?
            Im currently Operations Management - trying to get them to make an Entrepreneurship major at the moment.

Comment

Welcome aboard DavidFlyby. Glad you're here!

Comment

DavidFlyby, Welcome to The Pit! You need to add a Northern Loop to Your Road Trip! You will find some Great Que and Sauces across the Northern Tier! In particular check out Facebook for the Worlds Largest Turkey BBQ, Aneta ND, the third week end in June!
                Eat Well and Prosper, From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DavidFlyby! Glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit David. If you head to Texas, then on the way, I suggest two stops.
                    Southaven, MS - Memphis Barbeque Company
                    Little Rock, AR - Whole Hog
                    Both are very good.
                    Of course you could spend a week in the Memphis area and hit a lot of good joints, but I like the MBBQCo.

Comment

Welcome DavidFlyby . You have pretty good BBQ in Columbus. Try "City BBQ" if you haven't already.

Comment

Welcome DavidFlyby

Comment

Enjoy and welcome DavidFlyby

Comment

Welcome to the pit David, hope you have a good summer and enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here