Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Powder Springs, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Powder Springs, GA

Hello all from Georgia. I have been cooking since 12 yrs old and Qing since the 60's. Since I have found AR my skills have really elevated and I am so proud of my results. I tell everyone that BBQ's to go to AR if they want to be "all they can be in BBQ". I have started to get some really great results smoking pork buts and ribs. My wife doesn't want to go out anymore as home is the place to get the best "Q". We call our modest home "The Reade Ranch" and tell our friends also.

Welcome Marauderer! Great story, and thanks for the shout out to AR. I agree, we had the opportunity to go to a fairly well known BBQ place, a "Famous...." one if you know what I mean. My friends told me theirs is nowhere near as good as mine so let's just eat at my place. It was a compliment, as long as everyone buys their own meat I guess. Then I have no problem doing it up. If you can ever get your hands on some peach wood, it's one of my favorites to use when Qing. Great job filling out your signature by the way!

Comment

Thanks Aaron for the kind words. I am still learning the AR format and do not see sigs posted. I will go back into my account and see if I can find the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
        Thanks Aaron for the kind words. I am still learning the AR format and do not see sigs posted. I will go back into my account and see if I can find the right thing.
        Yours is there, it just doesn't post to each of your comments like traditional forums boards. Under your picture you'll see a green dot, which means you're online. Right next to that is a little fountain pen looking icon. This is your signature icon, hover your mouse over it and it will pop up. Click it and it goes away. This is setup this way so as not to clog up the forum posts. If a user doesn't have the pen tip icon they have no signature set up.

Comment

Hey Marauderererer... WELCOME. Totally agree on what AmazingRiobs has taught me

Comment

Maurauderer - Welcome to AR!

I know just the thing which might get you and your wife out and ya'll to have a GREAT time. Get a couple of guys that you like to hang out with your wives together and ya'll pick a night to attend a Chastain Park concert. Then throw down on some Q production, wrap it in foil, put it in a cooler. Pack the pic nic basket and proceed to have a great time with friends, Q, music and beverages. Obviously this Fall season will be cooler, but I have also had a fantastic hot humid summer night or two at Chastain in partying in Hot 'lanta. Just bring plenty of ice for your choice of beverages.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Marauderer! Sounds like you're bringing a wealth of information with you to the club. Please share!

Comment

Thank Dave, I have been around the block a few times and as some would say this isn't my first Rodeo. I hope to continue learning on this site and will try to be a contributor also

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
                  Thank Dave, I have been around the block a few times and as some would say this isn't my first Rodeo. I hope to continue learning on this site and will try to be a contributor also
                  Excellent. We want active and AR educated members. We're all going to grow from each other's experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Watson View Post
                    Maurauderer - Welcome to AR!

I know just the thing which might get you and your wife out and ya'll to have a GREAT time. Get a couple of guys that you like to hang out with your wives together and ya'll pick a night to attend a Chastain Park concert. Then throw down on some Q production, wrap it in foil, put it in a cooler. Pack the pic nic basket and proceed to have a great time with friends, Q, music and beverages. Obviously this Fall season will be cooler, but I have also had a fantastic hot humid summer night or two at Chastain in partying in Hot 'lanta. Just bring plenty of ice for your choice of beverages.
                    Michael, Thanks for the suggestion. We have been to Chastain several times with some really great concerts and a couple of poor experiences. As you know there are people out there that have no respect for others and it is all about them. After the second concert that was ruined by inconsiderate people we have refrained from partaking at Chastain. Sad as it is I am not as youthful as I use to be but my temperament hasn't aged well at times. So we tend to hand out at the "Reade Ranch" and take in a couple of shows at the "Fox Theater" or watch a show on the 65" Plasma.

Comment

Maurauderer - Yea I understand your point of view explicitly. My mellow factor isn't always in place when it comes to rude public displays of inconsideration either. I guess I was just reliving some rather fond memories of Chastain esp. when I was fortunate to have some friends invite me to their catered tables in the up front area. I do remember that parking for Chastain S _ _ ked, with some long walks at times. You also really bring to mind one of my all time favorite theaters - The Fox. Thanks for the good memories.

Nice to have your participation with all the good folks who hag out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Watson View Post
                        Maurauderer - Nice to have your participation with all the good folks who hang out here.
                        I have only been here a couple of days and already I can tell there is something different (good) about this group.

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for that Marauderer! What a nice thing to say. We take pride in the community we're establishing here. We too feel we'll have something special as things progress further.

And Aaron if I felt differently than that I would not air it for everyone to see. You would get a PM with what I idendified as the proble and three different ways it could be fixed. But alas, that is just me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here