Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New smoker from Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New smoker from Philly

Greetings from Philadelphia, HOW YOU DOIN'? Joined up a few days ago just haven't had the time to post in here yet. Still pretty new to the smoking game here. Had to replace my old kettle grill this year (rest in scrap Fireball) so I decided why not try getting into the world of smoking. I snagged a Char Broil 1280 pretty damn cheap and that was that or so I thought. Oh how deep the rabbit hole is. So far this crappy spring I haven't really fired off much, just 3 racks of ribs and a 7lb roaster chicken, but damn it was good eats.
    Now I'm looking into modding the crap out of the 1280 to make it better. I've noticed a ton of leaking from the box that I'm gonna seal up once I get the grill all sanded down and repainted and the stack needs a gasket too. Once the weather stops going from 10 to 70 then back to 10 and then 70 with rain then 20 and snow I'll be able to get that all done.
    I've got a ton to learn yet about smoking like I have trouble managing my heat but I'm sure with enough playing around I'll get it nailed down.

Welcome MisterUgly

Comment

MisterUgly - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MisterUgly!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Those Philly guys, will throw snowballs at santa claus! Just saying...

Comment

Welcome. For advice and learning I doubt seriously u could find a more experienced group of people on 1 Web site.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MisterUgly . We're glad you're here.

Comment

MisterUgly, Welcome to The Pit! Don't Fret the Wx in short while Sweat will be dripping off you Nose and running down the Crack of Your Rear!
                    Eat well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Yoooo buddy I live in South Philly. I just joined a few days ago and was about to do my intro and saw yours. Good luck trying to fix up your grill. I would be doing the same... I love trying to mod things into working better. I'll shoot you a few smoke signals from my back "yard"

Comment

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome to the pit@MisterUgly!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MisterUgly! Nice to have you here, thanks for your support. I hear you on the weather, I think pretty much everyone in the US has had a rotten go of it this winter/spring. It's finally warming up and becoming sunny here in MI which is so long overdue.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here