Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Maryland

Hi everyone!

As you can guess, I'm a big Skins fan. Me, and my friends, love good beer, bourbon and, of course, BBQ.

I BBQ year-round and have been a fan of Amazing Ribs for a long time. We've had many a great meal, courtesy of the site.

I'm always perusing the net, for great info, but find myself returning to Amazing Ribs, time after time.

I've been meaning to join, for a long time now, but finally got off of my lazy butt and did so.

I don't own a smoker, but do own 5 grills. 3 Weber kettles, (Performer, Jumbo Joe, and a regular kettle), along with an old Weber Genesis, (circa 2001), and a charcoal toolbox grill. I used to use a Smokenator, but got rid of that, once I got a Slow N' Sear.

Welcome Skinsfan1311

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You don't have a dedicated smoker but you can smoke.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Skinsfan1311! Nice setup! Thanks for your support, and for getting off your "lazy butt"!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

@Skinfan1311, Welcome to the Pit! I don't want to Argue but when you have a Weber and a S 'n S, You have more than a Passable Smoker! If you haven't look at the S 'n S ABC.Com web site for Techniues, Instructions, Recipes, and suggestions! The one additional item that I have Is a DigiQ-2 Temp Controller, nice but not entirely necessary! But being basically Lazy I can do a better job of monitoring the Cook! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 10, 2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Welcome Skinsfan! From a Raven's Fan. Where about in MD?

Comment

Hello and welcome from another Ravens fan! I am in Arbutus area.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Skinsfan1311 from a Cowboys fan. No hard feelings as barbecue is bigger than football and we're glad you are now part of this community!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Glad you're here!

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
                        @Skinfan1311, Welcome to the Pit! I don't want to Argue but when you have a Weber and a S 'n S, You have more than a Passable Smoker! If you haven't look at the S 'n S ABC.Com web site for Techniues, Instructions, Recipes, and suggestions! The one additional item that I have Is a DigiQ-2 Temp Controller, nice but not entirely necessary! But being basically Lazy I can do a better job of monitoring the Cook! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                        Lol! No arguement here. I've smoked lots of food in the SnS. Check out these ribs I did, today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fine Swine View Post
                          Welcome Skinsfan! From a Raven's Fan. Where about in MD?
                          Glen Burnie

Comment

• Fine Swine
                            Fine Swine commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not too far away...Love those Jenos cheesesteaks😋 Seaside is my favorite crab place.

Welcome to the pit from a Cowboys fan ( for the last 50 years ) enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ. Looking forward to the start of the season.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here