Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boftx
    commented on 's reply
    Just more proof that if you want some real BBQ you gotta come to my backyard or Texas.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Mike! I live in Concord, but have yet to find any decent local BBQ. You had any luck?

Leave a comment:

• Flavorsavor
    replied
    Hey Mike. Good to have another Mike and NC'er here, I'm a couple hours down the road in Raleigh, cookin on the same setup too. Good luck, and look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Prince
    started a topic New member from NC

New member from NC

Good morning - my name is Mike Prince and I live in Mooresville, NC. I've been grilling on gas for years and this summer decided to get into charcoal with the purchase of a Weber 22.5" kettle. A good friend from GA referred me to this website and I was hooked. So far (in addition to normal grilling) I have smoked St. Louis cut ribs, an 8 lb. picnic and a 6 lb. butt this weekend thanks to the Smokenator.

Looking forward to learning (I'd be lost without this website) and getting better at this!

Mike

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. This has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to maintain and improve this site so please click our “buy now” buttons on product reviews!

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read our†complete review.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative. Click here for more about what makes this grill special.