Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey All!! New to the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey All!! New to the site.

I'm a newbie to grilling but have found this site incredibly useful, although I made Last Meal Ribs this past weekend and had a terrible time getting the temp to 225 and keeping it there. I first got way too hot then after removing coals couldn't bring it back up. I'm guessing too many coals to start, not sure. Any advice?

Hello princess...or saucy! What equipment are you using? Someone will be along shortly with the official welcome and signature link which is very important for us to be able to diagnose, and possibly drool over your grills

Comment

Too much charcoal to start with. Much easier to bring up to temp, then trying to choke it down, and maintain after that.

Comment

Welcome PrincessSaucy! Glad to have you aboard, and thanks for the support! We need some gals around here to keep these tough ol' boys in line, and to show us a thing or two.

Like John mentioned, let's help you fill out that signature, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel on the main page of The Pit, and the tips posts within that channel. They will also help you to post some nice big pictures of your cooks here for everyone. Brag a little, it's encouraged here.

When you get more time, tell us something about yourself, like what you like to cook and what grill/smoker you're using. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome PS!! You are going to really like it here. Lots of ideas, help, and comradery. I look forward to your posts and pics.

Barry

Comment

welcome to the pit from sunny Ca.

Comment

Hey PS. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi PS! It's great to see another gal here. I am new to grilling also, even tho I've been cooking for at least 100 years. Or so it seems. I was a bit timid about joining what looked like a GOBC but the folks here are great. Very helpful, knowledgeable and downright funny. You're gonna love it. Happy grillin'

Comment

• Papa Bob
                    Papa Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you just call us old?

Oh Is that what GOBC means??? lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here