Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie to smoking from NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie to smoking from NJ

Hi, I'm Jim S from NJ about 12 miles west of NYC. I've been cooking various things for many years, mostly baking, grilling, pizza and homemade ice cream. I started getting into smoking less than a year ago and have been reading and trying different things. The information that I have learned from AmazingRibs has been invaluable, everything that I've made using the information and recipes has turned out great: pulled pork, pork loin, tri-tip and pizza just to name a few. The equipment reviews are great. I've spent many hours reading information and watching videos and have just scratched the surface. The equipment I have is a Weber S330 with a homemade smoker attachment (the typical pipe with a variable speed air pump setup), I also have a Super grill (a cheap 25 year old clay Kamado cooker that I bought from Craiglist for $75 and restored) I have a Maverick 733 and a Taylor instant read thermometer. After reading your recommendation for the Thermoworks Mk4 I will cry once and get one. Looking forward to cooking with everyone!

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Jim!

Comment

Welcome Jim S

Comment

Jim S - welcome to The Pit an d welcome to The Addiction!

That's one fine restoration on that kamado! Very nice indeed.

Comment

Welcome! I am about 14 miles west of New York, so I must be in the country! I am still a noob, but like you I am learning a ton from this place.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Smoking cheese and grilling pizza some how eluded me yet again this past year. grrrrrr....

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim S! Great to have you here, thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim S . Looks like you have some great equipment.

Comment

Jim S, Welcome to The Pit! Jim you are going to have to Post your recipie for BBQ'd Ice Cream? The closest I have ever heard of such a thing is Mexican Fried Ice Cream, balled, deep fried topped with honey, Excellant but too rich for Me! Regards the Thermopen, I think it truly is one of those rare items where the Quality Remains Long After The Price Is Forgotten!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Jim S
                          Jim S commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Dan, Thanks for the kind words, I don't presently make BBQ'd ice cream, but you just gave me an idea. I can cold smoke the custard before freezing it. Thanks, I'll post it when I do. Jim

Welcome to the Pit from someone who is about the same distance west of NYC.

Comment

Welcome! LOVE the smoke generator!

Comment

Welcome! What exit are you off of? Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Jim S
                              Jim S commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi Fireman,
                              Exit 16 but I'm closer to the parkway exit 156.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here