Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting from Indianapolis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from Indianapolis!

Hello! I hope everyone is having a successful grill or smoke. I’ve been a member for a couple years now and just spying, so today is finally an official hello. I use this website every day just to absorb a little more knowledge about barbecue. I like to get things perfect, and Meathead is a master of the craft. I get very focused, like this is an ancient skill I need to learn. My wife and neighbors can attest how much better my cooks are since I’ve been using the website.

I’m a Cajun from a little town near New Orleans, but transplanted to Indiana because of a job. My parents had to learn English as a second language. My grandpa used to butcher hogs, make sausages and have a cochon de lait. My uncle had a big offset smoker he made from a propane tank. He was from east Texas and made some unbelievable briskets. I’m 53 and never smoked until I bought a smokenator a couple years ago. I just bought a PBC and loving it. I might end up welding a propane tank smoker if I keep at it. I figure the animal made the ultimate sacrifice and I should honor that by making the best food I can. I get crazy in the backyard like I’m some barbecue samurai following the Meathead code. Thank you Meathead for sharing your knowledge!
    Last edited by duffer; March 25, 2016, 12:46 PM.

(Belated) Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome man!!! I almost moved to Boutte, LA after college. Closest I ever came to living near New Orleans.

I'm from Guedan, LA now in east Texas.

Insulate the firebox on that propane smoker. I'm about to insulate the firebox on my cheapo COS. The PBC needs no insulation. Though that would be something to do on a rainy day.

Comment

• duffer
        duffer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jerod. My real name is Mark Dufrene from Westwego. My dad was from Bayou Gauche (near Boutte) and mom was from Beaumont. I sure miss food from down there. It's great to connect with people who know the real deal.

Welcome. I am originally from Lafayette, IN, but now in San Antonio.

Comment

Welcome aboard duffer! I am sure we are going to learn as much or more from you than you will from us.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit duffer , even though you have been a member longer than me. Love your intro. - you have a real commitment to the art of barbecue! Be sure to share some pics of upcoming cooks.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit duffer! Wow, a first-month original member! Spying you have been! Nice to have you here and to officially 'meet' you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

duffer, Welcome to The Pit! Looking forward to your Posts on your future Cajun Cooks! Eat Well and Prosper!
              Happy Easter! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome duffer

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is a safe to post. I am from New Orleans. As we said in New Orleans, "you are from the West Bank which is actually the south bank."

Comment

Welcome to the sweet tasting addiction! !

Comment

Welcome duffer!

Comment

Welcome duffer , I am just about an hour and a half south west of you in Knox County, Indiana.

Comment

duffer - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

This coon ass say welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here