Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northern Virginia

Hello from Northern Virginia, in the sprawling suburbs of Washington, DC. I'm originally from Iowa, I spent a number of years in Texas, and I've been fortunate to live all over the world.

While I have grilled for a long time, and bought my first smoker in 2007 (mostly doing ribs), I didn't get serious about barbecue until I moved back here in 2013. I started with a WSM, and still use it occasionally, but recently I have mainly been cooking on my PBC. I've also been experimenting with sous vide meats. I tend to favor spicier rubs and sauces.

Of the big four BBQ meats, I'm strongest in pork butt and ribs, decent with brisket, and weakest with chicken. I took a competition BBQ class a few weeks ago, but I'm not quite ready to take that plunge. Maybe someday...

Other interests include photography, meteorology, brewing (beer, kombucha, etc.), and eating.

Happy to be here.

Brent C

Welcome to The Pit BrentC!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BrentC! Glad to have you here with us. We expect some great food pics!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

BrentC - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

This addiction taste good for you and 9 out of 10 doctors would agree as soon as they wiped the bbq sauce off their face!!

Comment

Welcome BrentC

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Brent ... are you close to Fairfax?

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Belated thanks for the warm welcome! My magnet came in today's mail, too, so it's official.

Comment

Welcome, neighbor! I'm in Leesburg.

Comment

BrentC, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BrentC. We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome Brentc in North Virginia, from Charles, aka Storlok, aka Mississippi smokin' fool, from North Mississippi. I use a WSM myself, and while I consider myself weak, or new to all of it, somehow, all the meat that I smoke gets devoured...so guess it's all good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here