Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wubs, new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wubs, new member

I grew up in Iowa and moved to Kansas City 6 years ago. I also enjoyed bbq in Iowa but I truly did not know what was possible until I moved to KC. I love cooking and couldn't wait to start smoking on my own. Well last year I decided to start on my own with a WSM 22.5 and Maverick ET-735. Some of my early research brought me amazingribs.com and helped lean me to the Weber unit. Boy am I glad that I did.

I put on gaskets right out of the box before I started to season. After a few dry runs I was confident enough to just try a simple pork butt. It was ok. I tried another smoke or two and was mixing recipes and techniques from a couple websites because I thought I was putting my own ‘twist’ on things and making it my own. It was a bad idea and the results were proof.

I noticed the meat was cooking exactly like what I read on Amazingribs.com, and I kept seeing Meatheads disclaimer to do it his way first so I thought I’d give it a go……I’ve never looked back. I’ve stuck to the recipes and decided to focus on the smoker and temperature control. Every meal I cook is better than before. Brisket, pork butt, baked beans, turkey, pesto stuffed pork loin, and my own bacon wrapped stuffed jalepenos.

I’ve been meaning to join for a few months now. Even without the benefits of the pit, I owe AmazingRibs for all this incredible food! My classic smoke is two briskets on my bottom shelf at 225, and two pork butts on my upper shelf.
    I look forward to the forum and working with you all, I already have a number of questions but I think I’ll search around a bit first.

Welcome to the pits and the addiction!

Comment

Welcome Wubs

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Wubs up???? Happy to have ya!!!!

Comment

Welcome Wubs
            How are you making out with your WSM? I don't know if i should get one yet or not.

Comment

• Wubs
              Wubs commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't imagine a better smoker to start with. Its easy to control the heat, I can smoke 10+ hours (with my $20 plywood windbreaker), and the 22.5" has plenty of space to cook multiple meats or a full turkey....and the price won't break your wallet while your learning

Welcome to The Pit Wubs! I really enjoyed reading your intro. Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Wubs - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction! Keep up the great work and post some pics of those cooks.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Learn something new here everyday!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Wubs. Great intro!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Wubs .

Comment

Wubs, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here