Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 more from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more from Colorado

I'm from Durango CO in the southwest corner of the state. We have a great BBQ joint here that we frequent often but I love to cook and work in the food service industry as a restaurant franchisee. I really appreciate the food safety aspect of this site as I deal with this everyday at work and I'm a servsafe instructor myself.

I have had cheap smokers on and off for many years usually propane or gas bullet style smokers that usually rust out quickly. I didn't have this site to help so my cooking was very hit and miss. I remember one time dinner was 4 hours late because the temps were terrible on a windy day, my wife was not happy to say the least. I have not had a smoker in a while just a cheap gas grill. I found this site a couple years ago and got excited.
    I made a few recipes with great success but I just had a gas grill and was terrible at keeping my temps on point. I just ordered a Rec Tec mini for home and to take in the RV and I'm excited to get some great BBQ going.

Welcome Coopaloop

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are glad your here.

Comment

Coopaloop - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

You live in a beautiful locale … I love that Silverton-Durango narrow gauge railroad down there in your part of the world.

Comment

Welcome aboard ... from one of those other Coloradoans!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit! I was in Durango a couple of years ago and ate at a barbecue joint that I thought was pretty good. What is the name of the barbecue joint that you referenced. I am not sure of the name of the joint but I think it was Serious Texas Barbecue or something like that. I was reluctant to try a joint in Colorado with the name Texas in it, but it was pretty good stuff.

Comment

• Coopaloop
              Coopaloop commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that's the place. They are not the best place ever but pretty darn good for around here.

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              Coopaloop They get their sausage from Elgin, Tx which is well known for their sausage. We first tried them in New Mexico and ate there in Durango. I wouldn't put at the top, but they are certaintly respectable.

Finally someone getting closer to where I live in southwest new mexico. Welcome to the pits!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Coopaloop! Nice to get to know you and welcome aboard!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Coopaloop!

Comment

Coopaloop, Welcome to The Pit! You are in the right place Now! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Loving this site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here