Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small price to pay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small price to pay!

Dear Meathead (and all the rest of you),

I admit it. I’ve spent close to a year using your site, trying techniques, recipes, etc. And I’ve loved reading your rants about all the misinformation that’s been flying around out there for years.

I’ve spent years chasing great food. Went to cooking school. Became a chef for a while. Became an obsessive baker and wound up building four brick bread ovens. But BBQ always eluded me. So I really got into it last year with your (free) help along with the great help of Dave and Huskee on their Adrenaline site after I got the Slow ’n Sear that your site recommended.

Yesterday I had 2 baby back racks to cook. I decided, if I can make these perfect I’m sending in my cash. So I got my Weber with the Slow ’n Sear up to a steady 225. Rotated the ribs after 3 hours. 30 mph wind gusts came up for 2 hours and blew directly on the Weber but I was still able to keep the temperature just about where I wanted. At 5 hours the ribs cracked exactly the way they should. Done. What can I say. They were perfect. Amazing, to be sure. I had the same satisfaction as when I’m able to pull a dozen great loaves of sourdough out of my wood oven.

So, here is my $23.95. Small price to pay for nirvana.
    Cheers, everyone!

Welcome to the Pit! It is even more fun tha lurking outside!

Comment

Awesome story and welcome to The Pit! I have a 22" & a 26" Weber Kettle, both with a Slow 'n Sear. The Slow 'n Sear is pretty special.

Comment

Tim Clark - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Congrats on the ribs. Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

Tim Clark, Welcome to The Pit! Another Weber, S 'n S, with a DigiQ-2 Temp Control user here!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Tim Clark

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tim Clark! Great to hear from you over here too. So glad your SnS is treating you right. We hope to see some pictures of your meat and your bread cooks!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like another pro that I can glean from. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here