Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, hello...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, hello...

Whats up Er'rybody... Found your site perusing rub recipes & smoker technique last week, had to join...

I simply cook for family & friends, but love working the grill and the prep that goes into feeding people pure deliciousness... Strongly considering a food truck in the near future, which is why I was searching for techniques...

I cook on amateur hour, Joe Homeowner grilling equipment. I grill on a dual gas & charcoal grill with an IR searer on the side. I work for a living, so do not always have time to fire up the charcaol, alas the gas side of the grill. But! On Sundays, my only day off most weeks, only charcoal fired cooking or something smoked. Because I have only limited experience smoking, I dont mind saying I have a bullpoo electric smoker. However, I will be assembling a UDS here in the next few weeks to correct my indiscretion...

I use 3x iGrill mini's to monitor temperature...

Love some pork, dont really care if its pulled, chops, bacon, tenderloins, garlic-crusted, sauteed, bone-in, sauced or rubbed.... Beef & chicken are damned tasty too, but I get all Homer Simpson over some pork.....

Last edited by j2sgam; March 18, 2016, 12:56 PM.

Welcome to the Pit. We are glad your here. You have come to the right place. Thank you for the support. j2sgam

Comment

Welcome to The Pit j2sgam! I second what Spinaker said! And it doesn't matter what gear you have, you share a common interest with all of us- great BBQ! Electric smokers are great for fish & jerky. My buddy has one and the ribs aren't too bad either. Each type of cooker excels at something and can usually do a little of everything.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Try lighting a chimney of charcoal 1st. Then go in and get you food ready to put ont the gril. That way the time will be close to using the gas grill.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit j2sgam.

Comment

j2sgam, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome j2sgam

Comment

Welcome to the pit!! Everyone starts somewhere and the equipment is not as important as the love you have for barbecue! Time and determi ation makes for great results.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

j2sgam - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here