Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaskan intro..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaskan intro..

I have used this site to get started in BBQ and it's just a great source of info and experience! Started a pork butt early this am (-2F) for my daughters birthday dinner. I own a COS, it's whats available up here until I make my own. Having fun in the land of the midnight sun!

Welcome to the Pit!! We are glad your here. I am heading your way in July for some Kings and Silvers. Stay warm up there. Raven1207

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and good luck on your fishing trip!

Welcome aboard! I have to admit that, in spite of living in Anchorage for a decade or so back in the 80's and 90's, I still had to fire up Google maps to locate Salcha. Gotta say that what I saw makes me pretty homesick...

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, we've been here almost 40 years now. It's been a great place to raise our family.

Welcome man!!

You got anything to insulate that COS??

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I don't insulate. If it's not breezy I can maintain a temp pretty good. My cut-off temp for BBQ is about -10F.

Welcome o he Pit! I don't guess you ever really cook in it heat.

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, summer time in the interior of Alaska is usually pretty warm, 24 hours of daylight and mosquito's.

• MoodyQs
      MoodyQs commented
      Editing a comment
      I lived in Fairbanks for three years, and while I miss Alaska, I certainly don't miss the mosquitoes!

Welcome to the Pit Raven1207.

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

@Raven 1207, Welcome to The Pit! Don't Apologize for Your COS, I to have one I modified, see the Pics! It's not the Cooker it's the Cookee!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Photo #8 looks sweet!

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really nice mod's..Thanks for sharing!

Welcome Raven1207

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome to The Pit Raven1207 ! Glad to have you here. It's great to see another member from Alaska. We have a few but they haven't checked in in a while. Thanks for your support here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and "will do"!

Raven1207 - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome @Raven1027 - We're glad you're here! You should consider a Weber kettle, Weber Smokey Mountain, or Pit Barrel Cooker. These are similarly priced, or at least entry level, and would work much better at smoking than that COS... *shudder*

Comment

• Raven1207
      Raven1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to making one.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here