Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from San Diego

I've been a member for a few months now. This place is a great source of information and I'm looking forward to Meathead's book. I bought a Kamado Joe in January and have made some pretty good slow cooked ribs and chicken. Reverse seared steaks are a family favorite. I'm here to learn and bring great food to San Diego for my family and friends. I chose the Kamado route because as a kid my Dad brought one back from Japan during one of his frequent trips to Vietnam in the 60's as an Air Force pilot. We used it until it finally crumbled when I became an adult. It brings back great memories and I've almost got my Dad's amazing mesquite grilled steaks down. Hopefully, I'll be able to add to the knowledge here someday.

Scott

Hopefully that someday is soon! Welcome, I just booked my hotel for San Diego in June. Last time I was there I went to boot camp, watching my back this time.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are glad that your here.

Comment

Welcome shooten

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I had one of the original Kamados from Japan in 1971. It wasn't ceramic, so it finally wor our over ten years ago. I finally bit the bullet and bought the BGE about five years ago.

Comment

shooten, Welcome to The Pit! Keep working on those Mesquite Smoked Grilled Steaks they are awesome when done Right! I have tried several times with less than stellar results! There is no Native Mesquite in ND, damned little else to speak of in the way of Smoking Wood!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit shooten! Great to have you here. Enjoyed your personal touch to your intro. Passing memories down of the joys of cooking are what true BBQ is all about.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

shooten - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I'm a kamado cooker myself. That kamado Joe is a very fine choice. Congrats!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Looking forward to your input.

Comment

Welcome aboard shooten

Comment

I really like SD. I spent quite a bit of time there while I was in the Coast Guard and now I go down there for the ESRI convention...although all the cabbies I run into think I'm there for ComicCon...go figure.

I could go for a HoDad's burger right about now...

Comment

Welcome to the Pitt, Scott.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Scott.

I went to San Diego before Christmas. Stayed at the Hyatt by seaport village it was awesome. I loved it and the military air and boat traffic was a blast to watch. Our first day there a twin prop plane buzzed our pool area. Couldn't have been more then 100 feet off the ground and completely on its side in a banked turn while buzzing the hotel.

Comment

Thanks everyone. We vacation here all of the time even though we live here. Checking out my HW assignment now. I made ribs using MH's dry rub over the weekend and my Mom says they're getting good. That's a compliment from a lady from Lake Charles, LA. It is an addiction.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here