Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy!

Thought I'd introduce myself. I am a New York boy (upstate) living on the central coast of California. Near Santa Maria, CA home of the original Santa Maria style tri-tip. Barbecuing is great out here but even greater since I found AmazingRibs.com. meathead, you are my BBQ hero. I haven't found a recipe yet I don't love but a few that I have modified to suit my tastes. I have a VisionGrill kamodo-style smoker from Costco ( couldn't beat the two days beyond seasonal pricing of $350) and an 15 year old Weber Genesis gas grill for all my BBQ needs. The weather is great and the Vermont pig candy is cooking up right now. Happy Labor Day!

Welcome Schmeis! Thanks for the support here.
    Saturday I made my first Santa Maria-style beef, although since tri-tip is virtually non existant in MI, I used an eye of round roast and smoked it over oak to 135*. Ah-MAY-ZING.

Now that you've told us about your kamado and your Genisis, how about putting them into your signature? Check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and the tips posts therein. These will also help you learn the best way to post some nice big bragging pics here. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Schmeis!

Comment

Sorry, not sure why this picture is upside down.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here