Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Hoosier State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Hoosier State

Hello to all! My name is Bud. I am from Zionsville, IN and I have recently taken up the habit of smoking. (Use that as an ice breaker & watch the confused looks!) I have been a fan of meat kissed by flame and smoke probably my entire life, but have been applying effort to hone my techniques for a couple of years. My goal is simply to make consistently great food in my backyard...esp. pork. If you ask my wife, it has gone from an interest...past an obsession...to a full blown addiction!

I am pretty simple...just have a PBC & a 4-burner Char-Broil gas grill for burgers and veggies. As my skills improve, I hope to be able to convince my wife that a Good One Open Range or a BGE would be a smart investment. I am also using Thermoworks DOT & Thermopop to monitor the temps. To fund my habit, I am a motorcycle technician for Harley Davidson.

To all, thank you in advance for your insights. I look forward to learning from you...have a great evening!

Welcome to the Pit!! We are glad your here. Lots of PBC folks in here.

Comment

Welcome budbrew2

Comment

Welcome aboard, Bud!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I have a Big Green Egg, and I am hoping that I can win the Open Range one day in the Gold Medal Give Away.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit budbrew2! Glad to have you here. It's hard to quit acquiring gear. At some point it goes beyond need yet we always find a way to justify it.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Welcome aboard budbrew2.

Comment

Welcome budbrew2! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit budbrew2 . I always like seeing fellow members of the Hoosier State join. I'm down in southwest Indiana.

Comment

budbrew2, Welcome to The Pit! You Wii Find a Lot of Good Advice Here! It's like a Culinary University with reasonable tuition!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bud. Good luck with the PBC. I love mine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here