Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Madison, WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Madison, WI

A recent but short-lived Wisconsin thaw has got me thinking hard about upping my BBQ game once the weather turns for good. Step 1 was a membership here.

Step 2 is replacing our grill. We have a 24" Kingsford brand charcoal grill. It has some handy features, like an ash-catcher, a door for adding briquettes, and a crank to raise or lower them. But the metal is cheap, and the back panel has about worn out. Plus we have two carnivorous boys aged 6 & 8 who are getting more rapacious by the day. My wife, on the otherhand, tends to prefer a vegetable option. So, I'd like a little more room to maneuver.

Right now, I'm between getting a 22 or a 26 inch Weber kettle, but leaning 26. I like the additional space of a 26, but I wonder whether I actually need it. Plus, the 22 seems to have more fun accessories. But I did see a rumor that a 26 inch version of the slow n sear may come out this spring.

As for what I grill: steaks, burgers, chicken, and lamb on occasion. I'd like to get into smoking and rotisserie-ing too.

Welcome to The Pit RafaelSantana! Nice to have you here. I think you'll be quite happy with either choice!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Rafael! Can't go wrong with either of those kettle choices ...

Comment

If you cook complete meal on your grill or for company with regularity, I would go for the 26". Othenrwise the 22" will save you money and get the job done. I would go for the one touch gold with the cash cup removal system. It is easier than on the silver.

Comment

Welcome RafaelSantana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RafaelSantana . Good luck with the new kettle. Sounds like you are well on your way to upping your BBQ game.

Comment

RafaelSantana - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Size matters. I've always chosen the largest cooker that fit my budget and I've never rued that choice. It's better to have the size and not need it than to need it and can't get it. I'd get the 26" Weber Kettle ceterus paribus.

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family nd friends!

Comment

RafaelSantana, Welcome to The Pit! I have never used a 26" Weber but I am currently using 2-22 1/2" Webers one has a
                S 'n S and DigiQ Temp Controller that I use for Smoking! The other I use for Grilling, both are Performers with ash catchers! As far as I know the accessories that will work on the 22 1/2" will work on the 26" with the exception of Rotisseries and similar that mandate rings to be added to the Grill! I know there are too
                many happy people on this site with the 26” for it not to be GOOD!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; March 5, 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Welcome aboard RafaelSantana!

Comment

welcome from a fellow madisonian!

Comment

and Welcome, from a fellow Wisconsinite!

Comment

Welcome RafaelSantana! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here