Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Long Island!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Long Island!

Hey everyone! I just signed up today, got my first smoker this week. Masterbuilt 30inch without window. I know its not the (best) way of smoking but I wanted to start somewhere simple and learn what I can about rubs and sauces and injecting and all that before delving into the wood/charcoal smokers. Seasoning my smoker as we speak! Going to try some chicken breasts possibly this week and some ribs. I plan on making a few slabs of Spare ribs for my friends next weekend! Any suggestions for recipes or techniques for spare ribs on the masterbuilt? Looking forward to learning all I can from the forums and cant wait to get smoking!

Welcome to The Pit andyreut! Great having you here. Congrats on the new gear. My only suggestion is read Meathead's Last Meal Ribs article (if you haven't already) and follow it as close as you can. Also I would suggest using chunks of wood instead of chips, and not soaking.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Enjoy!

Comment

andyreut - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

andyreut, Welcome to The Pit! Get yourself a good digital Thermometer, (Maverick 732 or 733) and your off and running!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Welcome andyreut.

Comment

Welcome andyreut

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit andyreut . Have fun learning to use the new equipment!

Comment

Hello from Wamego Ks ,checking out the pit master club for the first time

my name is Kevin I'm 49 years old and I have been grilling and smoking since I was about 17,

I own 4 smokers ,and I also love to grill, this forum will be very helpful I can see that already

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here