Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Metro Atlanta (Northeast)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Metro Atlanta (Northeast)

So here is the SHORT version!

I used to think I didn't like BBQ. I later found out, it was crappy sauce at lots of places, and horrible imitations at chain restaurants that I didn't like. I finally had really good 'real' BBQ at a friends rehearsal dinner at the Fiddlin Pig in Asheville SC in 2009. With the sauce on the side instead of on the meat, i got to taste what BBQ really is, and I loved it! A couple years ago, when my wife and I finally graduated from an apartment to a house, I got a nice weber gas grill, and the rest is history.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 26, 8 23 44 PM.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	145414 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 15, 10 15 56 PM.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	145415

There were lots of burgers, brats, dogs, steaks, even a pork loin or two. I went through a tank of gas every few weeks. Then a friend asked me to cook some ribs. I'd never done it, and asked him how. He said just put some salt, pepper and onion slices on them, and wrap them in foil. Wrapped in foil? why bother with the grill? Surely there had to be a better way. That's when I found amazingribs.com and the last meal ribs. You can guess what happened next.

Name:	Photo Feb 15, 8 46 26 PM.png
Views:	115
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	145417 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Apr 12, 8 26 49 PM.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	145416

Everyone was always impressed, but I was never happy. they were just missing something. Last year, my mother bought a condo at the beach. I thought that for my first visit, and her birthday, I would supply a weber kettle for the condo. Of course, I had to crack it open to 'practice' on it the weekend before. My first try at ribs on the kettle blew me away! A few weeks later I got one for myself, a few weeks later discovered the SnS, and I was having a blast!

Name:	Photo Jul 03, 6 39 47 PM.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	145418 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 03, 7 26 26 PM.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	145419 Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Photo Jul 31, 10 15 57 PM.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	145420 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 22, 8 43 02 PM.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	145421 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 29, 10 09 47 PM.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	145422 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jan 31, 5 55 39 PM.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	145423 Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jan 31, 8 41 14 PM.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	145424

Last weekend, I added a big green egg to the family, and realized that I'm hooked for good. I've admitted to many friends that everything I know, I've learned from Meathead, and after two years, I've probably only managed to read about half the site. the value of what I've learned is worth so much more than the cost of joining the club, that I couldn't justify NOT joining!

Welcome to the pit. From the looks of the pics you have a lot to offer.

Comment

Welcome RichBrew

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RichBrew! Thanks for sharing the food pictures. I want ribs for breakfast now.

Comment

That's some solid work on on a Weber. Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

RichBrew, And So It Begins! 👍👍👍👍👍 Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Well come to the Pit! You have been a busy cook, and it all looks great!

Comment

That is some mighty fine looking food! Welcome from the the south side!

Comment

Welcome RichBrew! We're glad you're here.

Comment

RichBrew - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I'm a kamado fan myself. I started out on a BGE years ago and i was very happy with it. Great cookers and probably the most versatile backyard cooker around. Congrats on a great cooker.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RichBrew! Great to have you here. I LOVE the pictures scattered through the intro post. By the way, the pic of the turkey legs looks awfully familiar!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RichBrew . Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here