Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Quick Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Quick Hello.

New to the site but not new to smoking meat. Looking forward to all the help I can get. I have been smoking meat for about 40 years with various (mostly home made) equipment from Maine (smoked clams) to Santa Barbara (Tritip).
    Finally retired my UDS and purchased a Weber 18.5" WSM. Hoping it will make my life a bit easier. Lots of work cooking on the UDS especially when I do cold smoking - making bacon and Lox. Haven't decided yet if I should keep the cold smoke in a separate apparatus or modify the WSM to accommodate a pork belly or two. Anyway, thanks in advance for all your assistance getting me up and running with my new toy.

Welcome to The Pit The T Man! Great to have you here. You sound like you will have a lot of experiences to share. I don't own a WSM myself, but there are lots of folks here who do, you're in good company. Have you had a chance to view the video seminar with Harry Soo on operating WSMs? You'll love it!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• The T Man
      The T Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Unfortunately I am having difficulty finding the Harry Soo video. Found a "watch here" but no active link. Can you direct me to it please
      Last edited by The T Man; February 29, 2016, 05:05 PM.

The T Man Welcome to the Pit! Forty years of experience - we will be expecting great tips from you. Enlighten me as to to the working of a UDS cooker. How does it work? What is your favorite thing to cook on it?

Comment

Hello TM! Looking forward to you pics and such!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit T.

Comment

Welcome The T Man

Comment

The T Man, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Mr. T! It will be great having you and your experience.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

The T Man - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

The T Man try this link right here, let us know if it works for you or not.

Comment

• The T Man
                      The T Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Perfect! Thanks very much.
                      Last edited by The T Man; February 29, 2016, 06:19 PM.

• The T Man
                      The T Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks again for the link. Super guy and great advice. It has me wondering if I add water to the pan at the 2/3 mark would accomplish the same thing as his ($0.99) spray bottle method at the 2/3 mark. Where do you suggest that I post this question?

The T Man Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here