Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ronbodakid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ronbodakid

Hello, new to the site. Been trying to smoke for many years. Not to well. However I still enjoy trying. I have been reading different techniques and recipes. Hope to gain knowledge and contribute some recipes I have tried. My 16yo son I hope will pickup and be even better at smoking than I. Better to smoke and grill than sit at a dadgum computer all day..

Welcome!!! What are you trying to smoke on??

Comment

Ditto on the welcome barge! Look at the "screen name" subject in gen discussion. Tell us more about yourself. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome ronbodakid

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ronbodakid! Thanks for joining up, and we agree our hobby beats computer work (as I sit at a computer)....

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, ronbodakid !

You'll find a LOT of help here. GREAT recipes, helpful hints unbelievable video seminars and more. What I have found to be most amazing is that when you have a problem or a question you get GREAT answers FAST. The mods and members are really amazing and have saved me countless times! There is a wealth of talent here!

Welcome and share your great cooks, and failures here!

Comment

ronbodakid, Welcome to The Pit! You just enrolled in the BBQ Culinary University and have been introduced to some of the Professors Above!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

ronbodakid - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction! There is an answer to every question you can ask here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I recommend that you work on a Boston Butt for a while and safely build experience and your confidence. The butt is a very forgiving piece of meat, and you can get great results with temps ranging from 225-300. Work toward an internal temperature of 200-203. In so doing will learn your cooker, get rave reviews from your family and guests, and your experience with the cooker and temperatures will prepare you for more challenging cuts of meat. Personally, I aim for a cooker temp of 225 and an internal meat temp of 200. Be prepared to smoke for a 12-16 hour and figure out the best way for you to deal with the stall (generally from 160-180) - wrap or ramp up the temp.

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Thank y'all for the thoughts. Tomorrow will try St. Louis ribs with some great ideas on my 22" Weber. I ordered a SnS looking forward to trying it out. Tonight I am using a XMAS gift from my wife to make some jerky for my son and me. She is not a big meat person. Filet Mignon is O.K. if done correctly.

Comment

Hey ronbodakid, welcome aboard!

Comment

Been away for awhile. Work get's in the way of living. I did get to do 4lb butt for tacos. Turned out great.
                            Ten days ago I cured 6lbs pork belly and smoked it on my 22" weber with the slow and sear which was recommend
                            by y'all. Major problem!!! Not enough as I fried the bacon the family gobbled it up. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT ADVICE.
                            Just yesterday I put a brisket in the brine for pastrami. Two weeks is a long time to wait but if it turns out like the
                            bacon it will be worth it.
                            Last edited by ronbodakid; September 15, 2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here