Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JH-KC-to-PHX
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the tip. I hope (and believe) you will be right. I will get that thing started this evening a lot earlier than I had intended.

I don't even know what I don't know yet.
    JH

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome JH-KC-to-PHX!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Welcome and congrats on that smoker!!

Leave a comment:

• CeramicChef
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction. There's a lotta great info here. Any questions? Ask away - someone knows the answer!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit JH-KC-to-PHX! Great having you here, thanks for you support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• jharner
    replied
    Welcome to this AMAZING sight

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Howdy right back atchyou!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Welcome! This truly is amazing. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• BigBear
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit JH-KC-to-PHX . Looks like you've already figured out the Humphreys Battle Box. Great looking results. You're going to make your friends and family very happy!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Enjoy the fellowship and the fun here. Boston butt has been my low and slow of choice, but now that I have moved to Texas I'll be entering brisket land. So, I am on a new learning adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    JH-KC-to-PHX, Welcome to The Pit! It would appear you figured your New Smoker Out! 👍👍👍👍👍
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit JH-KC-to-PHX ...

Entertaining friends and family with BBQ is a great pleasure.

Now... Let's discuss that 12 hour brisket cook.

If you're cooking a full packer, 12/15 pounds, with the flat and the point, 12 hours at 225° isn't going to cut it.

If... You agree with the majority of the members in the Pit that a brisket needs about 2 hours of cambro time to redistribute the juices in the meat then 12 hours is not enough. If you're going to cook hotter than 225° you might be alright. If you wrap during the stall, you might be alright. If you power through the stall with a higher temp you might be alright.

I plan all of my briskets cooks as an 18 hour project. Most of them take 14 to 16 hours at 225°. I put them in the cambro and serve them perfectly cooked and ON TIME EVERY TIME.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome JH-KC-to-PHX

Leave a comment:

• JH-KC-to-PHX
    started a topic Howdy from AZ

Howdy from AZ

I will start with Thank You! This site truly IS amazing!!! I can't tell you how much I have learned over the years, and shame on me for not joining earlier. Thanks for the work you have done, and for what you continue to do.

I have fallen in love this hobby/passion in the last 4-5 years. It is a great way to waste a Saturday and share a great day with friends and family.

I recently bought a Humphrey's Battle Box. It is my first fantastic smoker. I learned on a "don't buy" smoker, and then went on to an electric as the "don't buy" one wore me out trying to keep the temps stable. When the electric died, I seized the opportunity to go back to charcoal, but now on a great cooker. I am now re-learning everything I thought I knew. Friends and family thought what I was putting out before was really good, but now it is even better (I think). I have not gone "public" yet.

I have now banged out a few cooks, and will be doing my first 12hr brisket cook soon. My old way, thanks to Meathead's faux cambro "cheat" and my adaptation of it, was able to solve even the worst of a bad smoker's problems.

Again, thanks to all.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here