Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Morning from Burleson Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning from Burleson Texas

Hey there,
    ​I've been following Amazing Ribs off and on for over a year now and have received tons of good information from y'all. This is a great site and I'm glad to be a member.

So yesterday my fiancée gives me a very cool vertical smoker as a Valentine's day gift. I spent the afternoon cleaning it up, putting on the thermometers, seasoning and dry running it. This morning I've got some pork butts in there smoking steady at 225. I already love this thing!

Welcome to the Pit! It is a fun place to be. As my tag indicates I love Butts.

Comment

• Percival
      Percival commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You. Indeed, butts are great!

Percival, Welcome to The Pit! You better Treasure Your Fiancé she sounds like a Keeper! Eat Well and Prosper!
    From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks. She's definitely a keeper. Took this photo yesterday, not sure why it uploads sideways.

Comment

When I clicked on the photo, it rotated from landscape back to portrait. I spy pecan in the picture. Good stuff. Have fun!

Comment

• BigBear
          BigBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your avatar 'Cat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2896.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	141483 Percival. Looks like a nice cooker.

Comment

Welcome Percival

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Percival . What a great Valentines Day present! Definitely a keeper. Good luck on the pending matrimony!

Comment

Thanks all. By the way, I'm really impressed with this cabinet smoker. A little trial and error this morning but with a little flue space up the middle I can keep each rack at 225 on the dial thermometers. I'm researching other thermometer setups, trying to figure out the right way to go with that. As for today, the probe in the pork butt tells me that we have reached the stall. They are looking mighty good, can't wait to shred them up.

Comment

Welcome Percival! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Indeed! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Percival.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Percival! Nice looking smoker! Thanks for joining up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here