Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New Jersey and yes its FREEZING!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Jersey and yes its FREEZING!!!

My name is Kevin and I am currently living in South Jersey. I have been into grilling for many years but it wasnt until two X-Mas ago my wife bought me a Masterbuilt Electric smoker and I am truly hooked!! During the day I wear a suit and work at a bank. But when I get home the it's to the grill or smoker!! When its too cold to use the smoker I spend my time making my own BBQ sauces and rubs. Currently I am looking to upgrade to a pellet smoker and i am leaning towards a Rec-Tec. Glad to be here and cant wait to start getting advice to improve my cooking.

Oooooooh, I was drooling over the Rec-Tec site this week.

Welcome and thanks for the support!

It is comfortable 61 here in east Texas.

Comment

Welcome Kevinfilm! We're glad you're here. I wear a suit during the day myself when I'm travelling for work (35%). It's business casual at the home office thankfully.

Comment

Welcome. I'm a newcomer as well in North Jersey and commute into NYC in a suit daily. Going to brave the cold this weekend and try some Boston butts

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I work in Essex and live in Hudson. The weather's a state of mind! Let's see some pics of those butts!

• pknj
          pknj commented
          Editing a comment
          Butts been on since 7. Too cold to get the phone out while outside, but will post the after pics. Wife thinks I am nuts. Well, more nuts

Originally posted by pknj View Post
        Welcome. I'm a newcomer as well in North Jersey and commute into NYC in a suit daily. Going to brave the cold this weekend and try some Boston butts

What line? When I lived in NJ I took the Raritan Valley into the city a few times a month.

Comment

• pknj
          pknj commented
          Editing a comment
          Morris and Essex. I like high taxes and so-so schools!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. I got away from that as quick as I could. Takes all kinds!

Welcome Kevinfilm

Comment

Hey Kevin, glad to have ya!

Comment

Kevinfilm, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kevinfilm .

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Let the fun begin.

Comment

Welcome aboard Kevinfilm.

Comment

Butts turned out pretty well - had to use more fuel, of course.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                      Jon Solberg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very cool! No pun intended!

Welcome to The Pit Kevinfilm! Great having you here. You will love the RecTec, can't say as if I've ever read a complaint on them.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hi, Kevin ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here