Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Plano, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Plano, TX

Hi everyone. I've been a member since last July, but I thought I'd introduce myself. My buddy directed me to this site about 3 years ago, and it's been my guide for all my smoking.

Almost 4 years ago, my family and I moved from California (SF Bay Area) to Texas. After meeting so many people who smoke over grilling, it was hard not to pick it up, and I'm glad I did.

I'm what you call a "Costco Smoker." I bought my Traeger Lil Tex (electric pellet smoker) from there, I get my wood there, and I pretty much get all of my meat from there too.

So far my favorite thing to smoke is brisket. But I love salmon, ribs, veggies, and I've even smoked a few pies on my Traeger. All thanks to the recipes and advice from this site.

If anyone wants to know more about Traeger smokers, I'd be glad to answer questions, and give you the low down on the goods and bads.

- John

Good to meet you johnsanders and welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome John, I am new to the sight and also new to pellet smoking. Bought a Camp Chef DLX a little over a month ago and love it.

Comment

Welcome johnsanders

Comment

johnsanders, Welcome to The Pit! Glad you decided to come to the Light! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome John. I have definitely eaten more brisket and pork shoulder than I ever thought possible since moving to Texas.

Thanks for the support and the offer to help "Traeger Newbies"

Comment

Glad to have you in the Pit! It is a fun place to be.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, John! We lived in Plano for a few years back in the mid 80's when I first went to work for Arco ... nice place!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Howdy back! That's my kind of speachin. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Hi John. Greetings from Colleyville, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit johnsanders! Great having you here, thanks for joining up. Nothing wrong with being a Costco smoker, we all get our stuff somewhere.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi there, John! I'm also a new member from Plano! Have you checked out Matador Meat and Wine on Preston nr. 121? They have some good meat and are very friendly and helpful.

Comment

• johnsanders
                              johnsanders commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I haven't. I'll check it out.

We have a pretty nice butcher in town called Hirsch's Meats. I go there when I need specialty meats I can't get at Costco. You can get good quality meats, but they are more pricey.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here