Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from AUSTRALIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    Awesome, nice t meet your from wayyyyyy the heck over there! And, 10 acres of apple and 15 of nectarine? You are my idol.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Grandad Rod this might be my favorite first post by a member to date. Welcome to The Pit! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit. They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #1 on signature creation and tip #4 on pic uploading. Tip #4 will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input!

You are REALLY going to like the Pastrami!

Leave a comment:

• grandad rod
    started a topic G'day from AUSTRALIA

G'day from AUSTRALIA

70 years young. Have been grilling for 50 years. Used to have a 6x4x4foot deep pit that I used to cook [offset] low and slow. No lid. Could raise the coal grate. That was a long time ago. Was an oilfield hand so travelled to a few foreign countries. It was the" good old boys", I worked with, who introduced me into the BBQ world. Would usually get a piece of casing and fabricate a pit off shore. Leave it at the rented house when we moved. Back in OZ permanently now.
    2 years ago purchased PROQ. Was living in an apartment .The balconies were not that big so needed something with a small foot print. Just moved to a town house where I have a piece of outside concrete I can call my territory.
    Wife loves it as she only cooks twice a week. She is Indonesian and makes a mean Satay sauce. She will not give me the recipe, patience. Am going to get the BGE.to go with the Weber traveller and a Hark gas smoker that I have not used.
    Spent yesterday cutting apple wood. 10 acres to go then 15 acres of nectarine .
    Have spent the last 3 weeks perfecting my smoked pickled pork, like Pastrami. Those who do the tasting love it.
    That's for a post later. Have to try Meatheads Pastrami recipe. So much to read and take in on this site.
    I will put just about anything in the smoker. So much easier now with the to do's and not too do's here on this site.
    I'm getting to where I only need one book and meet new friends every day.
    Stay Safe .

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here