Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGMojo's belated "Hello"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGMojo's belated "Hello"

Hey folks, I'm MGMojo, located in the bottom western pant cuff of the great state of Rhode Island, a slow-cooking enthusiast firing up a 22" Weber and an ill-conceived-but-not-yet-finished Brick Beast pit and an ANOVA sous vide circulator (when I'm feeling geeky) trying my best to follow MH, Jerod, and Huskee's instructions down the path toward true BBQ enlightenment. I've been a member of the Pit masters for a while, but only now realizing my failure to introduce myself and amending my lurking ways. Many thanks to all for the sage advice and inspiration imparted thus far, and looking forward to more of the same!

Love the look of your brick pit. Be sure to post some pics when you get her done.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit MGMojo ...

Hmmm... What do you do with the "Brick Beast"? That looks like it could be fun.

I just joined the Anova craze myself. I'm very pleased with that cooking method so far and I'm going to make Eggs Benedict this morning, pictures to follow.

Got a Slow n Sear for that Kettle yet? That device will amp up your Kettle to a much more productive cooker.

Your desire to broaden your BBQ enlightenment is a never ending journey. Being a Pit member will shorten your learning curve. You now have 1000's of people that might chime in on your questions. There's a true brain trust of knowledge to draw from on a daily basis.

I think we all lurked for a while before diving in full force. The important thing is you're here now and we're glad you are.

Comment

• MGMojo
        MGMojo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Breadhead and Bob's BBQ. The Brick Beast (as it's currently configured) is a wood-fired grill that I've used to cook ribeyes, burgers, paella and -- after firing up a large-ish stack of oak, then sealing with a cooking sheet -- my first brisket, which was a tremendous (and unexpected) success! It's a spectacular cooker (in the true sense of the word -- lots of flame and smoke to start -- but not terrible efficient. That's what I'm plotting to correct, perhaps with a partial brick arch or maybe just a steel barrel cut in half to top it.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

That brick pit is bad to the bone lookin' that's for sure.

Thanks for the support and welcome even though you been around for a while.

Comment

MGMojo, Glad You Decided to Get More Involved in The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MGMojo! Great hearing from you!

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome MGMojo

Comment

Welcome aboard MGMojo.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MGMojo . We're glad you're here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here