Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting from Eastern PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from Eastern PA

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ken, and I'm from Allentown, PA. Always wanted to learn how to smoke meats and with the recent passing of my 50th birthday, my wife picked me up a nice Rec-Tec smoker. Hope to learn a lot as I have had a few bad smoking projects already since December.

Welcome to The Pit kendec65! Great to have you here. Congrats on the new Rec Tec, you're in the right place to pick up some great techniques and recipes!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome kendec65

Comment

Welcome to The Pit kendec65 . Good luck learning to use your new smoker. You've definitely found the right place to help you.

Comment

@https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/member/10496-kendec65 welcome to the Pit. Are you cooking in this weather?

Comment

Welcome Ken! We've got a good size group from this side of the state (jholmgren, Mosca, chudzikb off the top of my head but many more). I'm in West Chester. We really need to have a meet & greet come springtime.

Comment

• chudzikb
              chudzikb commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a bad idea, bet there would be some good food at such a gathering!

Welcome aboard kendec65!

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
              @https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/member/10496-kendec65 welcome to the Pit. Are you cooking in this weather?
              Yes...Just had 31.7 inches of snow Saturday and made a great Boston Butt!

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
              Welcome Ken! We've got a good size group from this side of the state (jholmgren, Mosca, chudzikb off the top of my head but many more). I'm in West Chester. We really need to have a meet & greet come springtime.
              Know West Chester well. My daughter went to college there. They have some great places to eat in the downtown area.

Comment

• jholmgren
                jholmgren commented
                Editing a comment
                I was born in West Chester, my grandparents lived about 1/4 mile from the college football field. Used to go watch the Eagles when they held summer camp there.
                I will be passing through WC on the way home from Philly at the end of March. Have to make my annual visit to Jimmy Johns on Rt 202. (the real one, not the Subway knock-off) http://www.jimmyjohns1940.com/

• The Burn
                The Burn commented
                Editing a comment
                jholmgren - I've lived here 4 years now and Jimmy John's re-opened some time after I got here I think, but I've yet to go. No one else in the house seems interested (of course, they've lived here between 15-18 years)

• jholmgren
                jholmgren commented
                Editing a comment
                To be honest The Burn it's not really all THAT great, but when I was little my dad would take me there if I had a good report card, his dad would take him there when he was a kid. Nothing tastes as good as nostalgia!
                Now my boys are all about going there when we are headed home from Philly, so that's 4 generations of my family that have been going there. I was devastated when I heard the news about their fire. I was so glad they re-opened.
                They have their 'dogs made special for them and they still have the natural casing on them, so they have a bit of a different texture. I'd recommend checking it out some time. I get the triple-crown (dog with cheese, bacon and chili).

Welcome!! You are going to love that Rec Tec smoker! One of their smokers is on my short list for my first pellet smoker. Great quality and excellent support

Comment

kendec65, Welcome to The Pit! Ken you just Enrolled in The BBQ University! The Tuition is Reasonable and the Prof's are helpful!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome kendec65! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here