Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Califorina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northern Califorina

Hey, I've been BBQing as long as I can remember. I started smoking on my Weber kettle a few years ago with some really good results as long as I didn't use too much meat. I finally wore out my Kettle so I purchased a new one touch then purchased WSM about 3 months ago. I have been following techniques on this site and have been cranking out some really good chicken, ribs, and pork butt. Next up will be a brisket, mainly because I love burnt ends but this weekend friends and family want ribs so that is what they are getting. I worked in electronics repairing circuit boards and robotics for about 10 years then got into computers and have been in the IT field for the last 15 years. Currently as LAN Administrator. When I am not outside with a beer and meat on the smoker while listing to an SF Giants game on the radio I am either fishing or bowling. Use to be a member of the PBA and even have a couple PBA regional championships. Maybe I'll hit a couple of senior events in the future, when the rains come. BTW..the seminar on salting was worth the price of admission alone. No more wet brining for me. Looking forward to turning out some championship meats.

Hello JP Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! We're excited to have you here. Got any pics of that cook (or maybe it hasn't happened yet)?

Comment

Next time I will take more pics. There were actually four slabs for a total weight of 14.5lb. Needles to say they would not pass the bounce test until 5th hour. It was worth the wait. Click image for larger version

Name:	20140831_193145.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	15038

Comment

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          by the way howdy from Stockton, were Oakland A's fans and Niner fans

Looks good. What are those grape/tomato fruity things at the top left? Don't think i've ever seen those things before.

Comment

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          they look like a grape tomato, a different style of cherry tomato

Those are suppose to be roma according to the seed pack. Not sure what they really are except tasty

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here