Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from a burned out has been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a burned out has been

Hi folks -

I'm Pete, but I'm calling myself a burned out has been due to working for a living. What I really want to do is cook and eat barbecue all day! Not burned, of course, but nicely smoked.

From the northeast originally, I discovered BBQ when I went to the University of Florida and ate at some of the great BBQ places that they have in north Florida. I also married a redneck girl from JAX and found that all her relatives were capable of making the most amazing smoked meats! I was pretty happy to just eat it, not feeling any need to cook it. Then we moved to Phoenix, Arizona and it is hard to find good barbecue here. We ate it whenever we visited relatives and tried several disappointing BBQ restaurants here. I finally have had to break down and I am trying to learn to cook decent BBQ myself. Some success so far, at least my wife and son always give positive feedback! But I have a lot to learn...

Burned_out_has_been

burned_out_has_been , welcome to The Pit. You've come to the right place. Looking forward to hearing about your cooks and seeing photos that you want to share. See you around!

Comment

Have you tried Little Miss BBQ?

Comment

• burned_out_has_been
        burned_out_has_been commented
        Editing a comment
        I had not heard of that place until yesterday, now it has come up two days in a row! Guess I better check it out.

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a great place. Near the airport. The owner is super nice and will take you on mini tour of pits. Get there early and be prepared to wait.

Welcome burned_out_has_been

Comment

At least you were once a "been" to be a "has been."

I'm still working on being.

Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

• burned_out_has_been
          Editing a comment
          It may be only my delusion that I ever was ;-)

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome burned_out_has_been. We're glad you're here! What cookers do you have?

Comment

• burned_out_has_been
            Editing a comment
            Only one, a cheap Char-Griller 1224, with joints sealed with Nomex so that it does not leak as bad as it did, so I can be a little more fuel-efficient, or to allow it to get hot enough to do smoke-roasting of chicken.

Welcome sir.

Comment

Welcome to the jungle!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              "You know where you are??!! You in the jungle baby....."

WELCOME, burned_out_has_been !!

I hope you'll bring some of your in-laws' techniques and recipes to the pit!

You'll find lots of GREAT help here!

Comment

Hey burned_out_has_been ! Welcome welcome.

Your next assignment is to cook something on your pit this weekend and give us a walk through and pictures Right Here!

#SuperFun
              paul

Comment

burned_out_has_been, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome To the Pit burned_out_has_been

Comment

Welcome to The Pit burned_out_has_been / Pete! As you can see we're all glad you've joined up with us here. Nice job getting your signature set up.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Burned Out. Glad you're here. Let me know if you figure out how to cook and eat barbecue all day. I want in!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here