Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texan in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texan in SoCal

Hey All... Been using AmazingRibs for a little while now and finally took the step of joining. I have been smoking meat for about 15 years now, although I really started taking it seriously about 5 years back. Now using a CampChef Pellet Smoker which I purchased primarily based on the review here on AmazingRibs. Love that thing. Also still have my old piece of crap MasterBuilt Vertical propane smoker that still works great for my homemade sausage and making my own bacon. If I had only one cook left in my life, it would have to be brisket using pecan wood. I will smoke anything and love ribs, pulled pork, chicken, even silly California tri-tip, but brisket is the definition of BBQ

I also am a chili cook and compete in a few chili cookoffs a year. Won one last April at the TexasExes Chili Cookoff here in LA.
    I am originally from the great state of Texas, although I have not lived there in about 25 years. I have now lived in the Los Angeles area for about 15 years where I am a software engineer. I'm an avid baseball fan and nothing is better than watching a Cubs game, drinking a beer, and watching my smoker.

I really look forward to seeing and sharing recipes and techniques on here and seeing what everyone is up to.

Welcome and thanks for the support. I have been in east Texas since 2001. Originally from southwest Louisiana.

I am certain it takes quite a bit of alcohol to "enjoy" watching the Cubs.

Comment

Hey there rasawyer. WELCOME

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rasawyer! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

MH posted a chili recipe here in The Pit that isn't live on the site yet. He's asking for member feedback. You should try it out!

Comment

Welcome, I do love some good chili, hopefully you're willing to share some of those recipes!

Oh, and i'll just put this here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	texas-longhorn-logo.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	13634
          Attached Files

Comment

Hook 'Em! Class of '85, Texas Ex Life Member and lived in the South Bay for about 15 years until 2 1/2 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Texas 2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	13654

John, you must be an Aggie or a Sooner to think that inverting that would bother any stalwart Longhorn. Although, having been born a Jayhawk, I can't believe they'd let either into Kansas or Missouri.

Comment

• rasawyer
              rasawyer commented
              Editing a comment
              Howdy "The Burn"... we would have been in Austin together as I started there fall of '84. Nice to meet you. Hook 'EM!

• _John_
              _John_ commented
              Editing a comment
              Missed it, Arkansas. If that doesn't bother you, I was in 2nd grade when you graduated, i'm sure a LOT has changed

Welcome! Funny, my signature says 'Texan in Socal' as well. Like you, I've been out here quite awhile, about 18 years but I still go back one or twice a year to see family.

Comment

• rasawyer
              rasawyer commented
              Editing a comment
              HA! Well nice to meet you!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here