Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Hot Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Hot Florida!

Love to cook love to eat. BBQ is my crack. Excited about learning new things and eating more!

Welcome to The Pit BBQ Jill! We're excited to have you here. When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here andhere.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

Comment

Welcome Jill. It sure is hot now here in Florida. But remember how nice it is November through March!

Comment

Hey Jill! Welcome

Comment

Hot in Florida? I was unloading just a few groceries last week, and this is my garage thermometer in the 5 minutes that the sun hit it while the door was open. Then I closed the door and my garage cooled down to it's normal 94 degrees (practically sweater weather).

Also funny - walking past my black smoker on the patio and seeing the temps near 150. And I haven't used it in a week.

On the plus side, it's not hard to keep the meat warm when it comes out of the smoker.

Comment

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            What horrible place do you live in? I was in Egypt for a time but I think the hottest I saw was 120. We were near the desert so our teeth were chattering at night.

• FLBuckeye
            FLBuckeye commented
            Editing a comment
            Guessing AZ or somewhere in the SW. "But it is a dry heat"...lol. 120 is 120

• Papa Bob
            Papa Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            I would rather have 120 and dry than 100 and humid. I do have a pool and Henry and I enjoy it lot. have a butt smoking right now we are going swimming cuz were in the stall 165 perfect time to wrap before the dip and also howdy from sunny CA. Jill

Good guesses - but actually in very humid Boynton Beach, Florida - about halfway between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. It was in the mid 90's (as it is now), but once the sun hits any of the thermometers on the west side of my house, the dial ones like that just spin to hades level hot in 5 minutes. But since I was out in the sun, too...that's how I felt.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here