Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HI from the East Coast of Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI from the East Coast of Florida

Newbie here in Florida outside the space center. Been grillin' & smokin' for many years but discovered how much I didn't know navigating this site the last 24 hours since I joined. Will be here often. Thanks for having me. Wherever I've lived have always had some kind of outside cooker. Even on boats we lived on for 20+ years there was a grill hanging off the stern. Now in a house have more choices to cook and smoke with and can do so any day rain or shine. Looking forward to trying new recipes and techniques I know I will learn here.

Welcome aboard broilking4! Glad you're here.
    Some rubs that are awesome. #1 for pork is Meathead's Memphis Dust. Beef - Big Bad Beef Rub. I've yet to use Huskee's Rib Rub, but hear it's pretty good. Chicken - Simon & Garfunkel and Herbs de Provence.
    One other tip: BRINE.
    Looking forward to what you share with us, and what we learn from you!
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; January 16, 2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

broilking4, Welcome to The Pit! You will find you have found a Culinary University with Extrordinarily Low Tuition! Great People that will share advice and opinions for the Price of Asking! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit broilking4 . Glad you joined the club. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Comment

Welcome to the pit broilking4!

Comment

Thank you all for the welcoming words. I have learned much already including my reverse sear method is CORRECT despite comments I have received by people watching me "Q". [most telling me I was doing it backasswards] I discovered this technique some years ago by accident when I was going to grill a 2" ribeye steak. I decided to try cooking first on indirect heat until temp inside was about 110-115 then put it on the high side to finish it,. Needless to say as all of know already It WORKED. Best dang steak I had cooked to that point and I've been doing this way ever since. Just now read here it will work on hamburgers as well. I'm going to try that tonight as hamburgers are already on the menu today. Thanks for the steakburger recipe!!

Comment

Hi broilking4. I'm new here as well, looking forward to learning and sharing with you. lots of great information on the site.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome broilking4

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Now don't torment the guys and gals in frozen land with your pleasant low temperatures.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit broilking4! It's been ages since I've been to your neck of the woods but I remember loving it. My wife and I went to the Keys on our honeymoon back in '02 and drove the whole way (LOTS of driving from MI to the Keys). We stopped over at Daytona beach then to Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral and Ron Jon's and so forth. I bet living there would be exciting.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here