Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Perth Amboy, NJ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Perth Amboy, NJ!

Hello everyone! Mark here. My girlfriend gave me a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker for Christmas and I'm learning how to use it. Best advice I was given from my friend Adam was this website. I read through some of the articles and did my first smoke...baby back ribs using the "Last Meal Ribs: The Best Barbecue Ribs You've Ever Tasted!" recipe. They came out great for a first timer and my friends who ate them didn't spit them out and still talk with me, so I guess all went well! Seriously, they came out great and I was very happy as a first time smoker/BBQ/griller (whatever you call it). I've been using a grill for 30+ years...a hack really - typical back yard BBQ items, but never smoking and what I see here as real BBQ.

This weekend I'm doing a beef brisket and I have been reading up on the Texas Style recipe and the Texas Crutch. I'm picking up my brisket tonight. We will see how things turn out, but I have to say I feel confident to do this after reading these two articles.

I can't wait to learn from all of you!

Hello MarkD ! Be sure to post some pictures. Are you considering using meatheads Big Bad Beef Rub?

Comment

• MarkD
      MarkD commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi SaturdayShoppe ! Yes, I am using Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub! I just bought all my missing ingredients tonoght!

Welcome to the Pit MarkD. Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome MarkD

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark. We're glad you're here. Sounds like you have a great girlfriend and friend. Good luck and have fun learning to master your WSM!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

MarkD, Welcome to the Pit! Good Fortune with the Brisket! Use Good Thermometers (Digital) one for the Brisket and one for your Smoker Grate! Let the Thermometer overrule the Clock! Eat well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• MarkD
                MarkD commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the advice! I have an igrill2, so a meat probe and ambient probe on the grate. Will use the 3rd as an ambient one on the bottom rack

Howdy. The Weber Smokey Mountain is a great smoker. As more or less a rookie I can tell you that the learning curve is quick. Sounds like you're off to a great start. I found that smoking chickens was a great way to learn the WSM. They are cheap and tasty.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MarkD! Great to have you here, you're in good company. We'll be watching for pictures of that brisket!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• MarkD
                  MarkD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I think I set up my signature right. Good point on searching first. Will have to do that.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here