Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' in West Chester, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' in West Chester, PA

Howdy y'all from West Chester PA! Although I'm now in PA, I've lived in several states and my love of beef Q comes from going to college in Austin, followed a few years later by working in Dallas. Those were both a long time ago and were followed by a long time at the beach south of L.A., where I also fell in love with Santa Maria Tri Tip (hard to find a tri-tip cut in this part of the country). The inability to find good Q easily, led me to buy my GOSM a little more than a year ago (btw, I saw that Costco.com has the standard width on sale for $229 for another 10 days).

Like many others, I am an internet search geek, so after a few fairly successful attempts using Dr. BBQ's book, I found AR and the forums, which have taken me pretty far - MH's recipe for close to Katz's pastrami is spot on. I joined PC to show my appreciation. I smoke about once a week about 8 months of the year and a little less in the winter months.

While I like the ease of a propane fire, as the GOSM's dial is not really all that sensitive and I end up closely monitoring my cooks anyway, I'd really like to add/move to a vertical offset and maybe even a straight stick burner. (Thanks to the recent storms, I've got wood from a 50-60' Ash tree starting the curing process). It's not in the budget now, but as soon as it is ...

The nickname, ironically, was given to me by friends as a play on my last name, not from my love for smoking or as a comment on my cooking abilities :-)

Hey TB Looking forward to checking out your cooks

Comment

Welcome to The Pit "Feel" the Burn! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit. They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #1 on signature creation (thanks for doing that already) and tip #4 on pic uploading. Tip #4 will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input! Maybe rate a few BBQ joints in some of the locations you lived in the BBQ Restaurant channel?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here