Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Clawson, Michigan- a suburb of Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Clawson, Michigan- a suburb of Detroit

Excited to be here! After noticing ( thanks to your page counter) that I was spending a lot of time here I decided I had to support this great website. I am a retired professional cook with a passion for the outdoors and cooking. I enjoy a good bourbon, IPA and an occasional glass of wine. Being outside with nature just make me happy so cooking outside just makes it better. It is not that often that I find a website that believes in the same cooking techniques as I do. I feel very at home here so far. Last night when I was reading the tips about cooking a turkey I just kept saying yes, Yes, YES! That is when I knew I had to join.

Welcome Mickeylou5

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Mickeylou5, Welcome to the Pit! It sounds like you Took The Bait, Hook, Line and Sinker! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Mickeylou5, we will be interested in some of your recipes I'm sure.

Comment

Welcome Mickeylou5, looking forward to your cooks and pictures!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mickeylou5 . Glad you joined the Club! I look forward to reading your future posts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome, would love to hear more about your cooking history.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mickeylou5! Nice to have you here. I think many of us said the "Yes, yes, yes!" thing when reading Meathead's advice and techniques. Whether we already knew some of these things from our own trial & error or learned them from him first, he teaches common sense scientifically correct concepts. With delicious results!

Nice job on your signature! Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos....although it looks like you may have already seen it.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Mickeylou5

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! My name is Michele by the way. I think part of my homework is adding that somewhere. It will take me a while to get the hang of the whole forum thing as I have never been a part of one. I started off full steam and I know I still have some homework to finish and I am procrastinating. When I made my pastrami last year I watched a video on one of the Roku cooking stations, now I am wondering if it might have been meathead. Turkey is on the menu this week. Since I could only get a small portion of a picture to post via my kindle I decided the baby pigs butt was appropriate. I will try on the pc later if I can pry it out of my husband's hands!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickeylou5 View Post
                          Since I could only get a small portion of a picture to post via my kindle I decided the baby pigs butt was appropriate.
                          I like pig butts and I cannot lie!

Comment

Welllllcome Mickeylou5! My name is Gordie, I' m a guy(happily married), a retired professional window washer, I don't drink a drop (AA) & I've probably been called a pigs butt a few times, that makes us practically twins. I agree with Powersmoke_80, looking forward to some great recipes. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here