Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hola from Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola from Spain

Hey there BBQ people! My name's Alan, I'm an American guy living in a cute li'l beach town called Sitges outside Barcelona. I've lived here a long time, and about four years ago I got fed up that the burgers in this country really suck. It seemed like every month a new "American" burger restaurant would open up, and each was a little bit worse than the last. I decided to open a little place and sell real American burgers. Three years later we have three restaurants and I've decided that what this country needs now is some real barbecue We have a space and a Fast Eddy pellet smoker on order, counting down to Easter weekend when our high season starts.

I've been lurking here for quite a while and decided to pay my fair share, so here I am, looking forward to getting to know everybody and especially eager for any tips from restaurant people!

Welcome to The Pit AlanInSitges! What a cool story, I've read similar things about American burgers not tasting right in other countries....not sure why, it's just grilled meat. But you're doing burgers right it sounds like, congrats on your success! By the way, how do you pronounce Stiges? I'm guessing "Stiggs"?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it is pronounced like the two English words "sit" and "guess" together as one word, with emphasis on the first.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Henrik I didn't notice the spelling, boy do I feel dumb now

AlanInSitges, Welcome to the Pit! Do You Run With the Bulls? Good Fortune to you and Your BBQ expansion! Your are in the right place Now! There are many BBQ Guru's here of Gourmet Standard or Above!
    The Amazing Ribs Staff from Meathead to the Pit Boss and the Moderators are all extraordinary people!
    Eat well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; January 9, 2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Welcome AlanInSitges

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome, Alan!

Comment

AlanInSitges ...

Welcome to the Pit.

Hopefully you've noticed Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburger listed under hamburgers. I think that burger belongs on a restaurant menu.

I'd cook it exactly the way Meathead suggests and then offer it with caramelized onions and his Brioche hamburger buns.👌

I've grilled them many times. They look beautiful too.

Comment

Welcome to the pit AlanInSitges! Glad to hear we have representation in Spain! I was actually in Sitges in October, spent a few days there during a wedding I was attending. It's a lovely village, with lots of good tapas and pintxos restaurants. I did enjoy classic Spanish/South American bbq with picanha among other things. They did that very well. Not so many American places though, great to hear that you are doing well with your three restaurants.

Comment

I crave a burger every time I am in a restaurant......then order something else.

I'll order if I am in your part of Spain.

Welcome and thanks for the support.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Alan. We're glad you're here. Good luck with the new restaurant!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone It's pronounced SEET-JES. Trivia: Sitja (singular) is the Catalan word for silo; back in Roman times there were lots of natural caves that the people of Barcelona used to store grain away from the city and keep it out of the hands of bands of marauders.

We are working on getting our menu together this week, once it's done I'll post it for feedback.

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your adventures, looking forward to viewing the menu and please we really really like pictures here, how about som of your restaurants.

Comment

Here you go, JohnF. https://www.instagram.com/bigalssitges/

Comment

• Stoney
                          Stoney commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow those are some monstrous burgers you serve there. Look great though.

• MrMeat
                          MrMeat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          YUM!!!!

Alan, my friend, what you need is an assistant. Yes, a bald-headed assistant from Los Angeles.
                        The wife and I honeymooned in Spain. I could spend the rest of my life at a tapas bar and die a happy man.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I am amazed at how BBQ spread across regions in the U.S. Regions used to stick to their particular style, and now I am seeing them doing BBQ from multiple regions. Stores that once carried sauces and rubs exclusively from their region now carry them from various regions. Now as I watch the Pit on Amazingribs.com people are checking in world wide.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here