Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbecue as 'Cuda 340 6-pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecue as 'Cuda 340 6-pack

I'm nothing if not a nut for great 'que. When you can taste the layers of preparation and cooking, the love for it, it's magic. I'm also a car nerd. I am a nut not just for certain genres of cars, but their history. The beginnings of GM would astound anybody in the first five minutes of the origin of that company. I was at at a local car show and a man had a Plymouth Barracuda 340 6-pack, all original, and all I had do to was ask a leading question about tuning the carburetors, and away we went.
    Seeing the passion in this forum reminds me of the connection between cars an 'que is one and the same. Once you get someone started...

Speaking of which, a friend of mine had an old beater '67 Chevy Camaro with a 302, it was an argument any time you went in to Autozone, and he said a lot of times they would assume he was an idiot and give him the wrong part.

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would anyone want a Chevy? Especially when the advertising geniuses there used the Beach Boys song "409" as background music for an Impala ad a few years ago. (A 409 is actually built from a FORD 390.)

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Like every time I go to a car show, every single Ford older than say 65 has a Chevy 350. Doesn't seem to matter what the make or model is, Chevy 350 with a Ford 9".

Hello dicknodnfs, Nice to meet you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here