Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally getting around to introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting around to introducing myself

Hey yall

Been trollin this site for a while getting recipes and techniques from those who know more than I do. Became a member back in August but never introduced myself. No time like the present.

Names Mike. I'm from NW Indiana. Been smoking for a few years for personal and family dinners on my little GrillPro. Not the greatest but it does the trick. Have smoked for some bigger parties by borrowing a buddy's smoker. Now got a tank sitting there waiting for me to put it all together.

I don't like to buy a lot of stuff because I like to figure out how to make it myself better. Always trying new recipes for everything from smoking meat to sides like Mac and cheese and cole slaw and Tots to making my own sauces and rubs.

Hope to fit in here and meet some new friends and and become a better griller/smoker in the process.

Thanks for the site and all the knowledge yall pass on to anybody who asks

Since I work with CAD programs, I got to fiddle around with designing the smoker that is next on my list

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	500 gallon RF smoker-Model.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	132771 Here it is....sorry screwed up putting it in here

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Judging from your drawing you are an ambitious smoker!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Nice smoker drawing!

Comment

Thanks Pork and fuzzy for the welcomes. I cooked on a 80 gal homemade smoker that I borrowed and i couldn't pass up a 500 gal tank for $50. Lol

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Mike

Comment

2AngelsBBQ, Welcome to the Pit! By Looking at Your Pit Concept, I believe you will be able to feed BBQ to the Whole County!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome 2AngelsBBQ

Comment

Welcome to The Pit 2AngelsBBQ! Great to have you here. Nice rig! And now you see the difference between the two methods of picture posting. From a desktop the attachment icon works the best (you can place much bigger pictures), and generally speaking the camera icon works best for mobile. This and a few other helpful things are compiled into the homework assignment....

Speaking of which, even though you've probably already read through it, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mike. We're glad you're here. That's a nice looking smoker drawing. Looks like you're planning on using reverse flow technology.

Comment

Thank you all for the nice welcomes.

Huskee

Took care of the homework. Just hit the wrong button and didn't realize til too late. Thanks for all the tips I got when I read through everything.

Dan

Just looking to take memorial day to a new height for a nice little shindig!

Bear

Yep. Shes a reverse flow alright. Been through a lot of changes since I first started designing it.

Thanks again for everybodys kindness!! You'll definitely see more of me around!!

Mike

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here