Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' in TampaBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' in TampaBay

Greetings from the Deep South! A little about myself...I'm a veteran, married 33 years and have lived on all 4 corners of the U.S. I enjoy all styles/varieties of cooking and food; but nothing makes me happier than a thick ribeye from the grill or smoked brisket, pork butt, and ribs! For grilling - I still use my "Webber Genesis" I purchased back in 1997...it has also served me well as a smoker. I have rebuilt it several times over the years and painted it black and yellow to resemble one of my favorite muscle cars...I even christened it "The Webber Bee"! Lol The finishing touch was an actual Super Bee Deck-Lid decal for my propane tank...Weber liked it so much that they even shipped me a brand new tank-level-indicator (free) for my project! So for my smoker... I currently use.a "Smokin' Tex 1400" electric...I love this thing...its just so damn easy! Before this a few years...I had a welder build me a nice double-tank smoker, the smaller tank served as the firebox - really nice build.

I have attached a few pictures...as far as tools/gadgets...here is what I use that is worth mentioning (some were recommended here on AmazingRibs)

Maverick Et-732 Remote
    Lavatools PX1 Javelin Pro
    Original Bear Paws Shredders
    Grill Beast SS Meat Injector

Thanks for letting me share...my wife and friends don't understand the passion as you all do - but they love the finished product

Welcome to the Pit BDC! I looked at your photos and the Weber Bee is pretty sharp looking (and the tank). All your equipment looks well maintained. The meat looks great! All my stuff is new as I just discovered Amazing Ribs a little over a year ago. Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Comment

Welcome to the pit BDC! I really like the look/styling of your gear! Pretty sweet! A nice alternative to all black grills.

Comment

Welcome. Love the concept on that offset!

Comment

BDC, Welcome To The Pit! I love your Weber Paint Scheme! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

BDC Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for giving us a snapshot of you and your cookers. I love your creative design on your Weber. Any creativity planned for your smoker?

Comment

Welcome BDC

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                BDC Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for giving us a snapshot of you and your cookers. I love your creative design on your Weber. Any creativity planned for your smoker?
                Hmmm...good question LA - although, SS equipment is pretty in its own right...and easy to clean! Maybe a nice cover for it in the future...it nearly killed me to see that they (Smokin' Tex) are now giving them away with the smoker!! If I want one...it's gonna cost me $50!

Comment

Hello again BDC. Nice intro post here. I have family in Tampa. Those are some cool pictures and nice looking mods to the gasser! Not many folks paint up their gear like that. Also, I dig Stella beer too (in your sig). One of my go-tos when I want a break from the normal cheap stuff.

Look forward to more from you....

Comment

Oh Snap! I forgot to upload a photo of my newest smoker...yall probably seen this model already, but here ya go anyway; BTW...I don't have any of my own photo's yet, so I borrowed these from Smokin' Tex (Public Domain)...also uploaded a photoshop edited image of my BBQ tools for fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BDC . Those were my Dad's initials too and it gave me a smile when I saw it .

Comment

• BDC
                        BDC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you sir!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here