Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing Myself

Hey guys. Love the site. I am a Logistics Broker from Birmingham, AL and work with truck drivers and companies all over the United States. I love cooking in general but have always loved cooking outdoors on grills, turkey fryers, and low country boils. I just recently was given a gas Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain smoker and cleaned it up and ran it couple times and just bought the new Weber Master Touch 22 in. Charcoal Kettle and got the Smoke N Sear to go with it. I also use Maverick ET 733 thermometer. I am looking forward to learning more this year with how to use my equipment and get the most out of it and how to cook harder cuts of meat such as brisket and standing rib roasts.
    Richard

Welcome richd76

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RichDick! Nice lineup of equipment you've got. The kettle with Slow 'N Sear makes a mighty fine brisket. Check out the recipe (if you haven't already) at ABCbarbecue.com > bbq techniques > beef recipes > brisket.

Thanks for your support here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

RichDick, Welcome to the Pit! You've got the Toys! Now we've got to see Your Smoke! Pics Please! 👍👍😇👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper!
        From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

richd76 welcome to the Pit! It is great fun in the Pit, and folks are joking almost daily. With ever person who joins we gain a rich wealth of BBQ and grilling experience. Asking and sharing makes the Pit work.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit richd76.

Comment

Welcome richd76 , the et -733 is the most relaxing part about a long smoke! It lets you know what is going on while you are getting other fixins ready. As far as the brisket goes I use meatheads BBBR aka big bad beef rub available in the recipe area. The recommendation I have seen is to get the brisket to the magical 203 degrees internal temperature. I seem to get a second stall at around 190 degrees. It may be my grill but I have the same issue with pork butt. Now I remove the meat at around 190 and let it set 15 minutes or so. Don't be shy about taking some pictures and posting them. Any rub recipes always appreciated.
                You should also consider the Bear Paws. Not only are they great for pulling the pork, they are great for taking large pieces of meat off the grill. I found a set on Ebay that included shipping for $9.95

THE ORIGINAL Grizzly Bear Paws - Meat Handler Forks, Claws, Turkey Lifters in Home & Garden, Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living, Outdoor Cooking & Eating | eBay

Comment

• richd76
                  richd76 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the comments. Yessir I agree I actually have a pair of the Original Bear Paws and they do an marvelous job. I will be sure to try the BBBR when I do try out a brisket. Doing a pork butt this weekend and will be sure to post pics.
                  Thanks again for the commets and welcome.

• SaturdayShoppe
                  SaturdayShoppe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found a couple more sites for ideas by googling Beef Brisket and Pork Butt. Ran across some Pit Boys videos. The brisket one is pretty funny. Also found BBQ Pitmasters and BBQ Pitbosses tv series. Picked up a lot of good tips watching the Pros compete in the elements. I picked up some apple juice and apple cider vinegar to try injecting an inexpensive beef cut. Good luck on the butt, Meatheads video is pretty good. I usually rewatch it a couple of times during the smoke.

Welcome to The Pit, Richard. We're glad you're here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here