Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from AZ

Hello all,

Just signed up this evening. I have been grilling the basics with charcoal and then eventually gas Webers for years. Steak brats, chicken etc. I've had a Traeger Texas grill for about a year and a half. I am going to attempt my first prime rib with Pit Bosses recipe this week with my Traeger.

Though everything (Traeger recipes) I've smoked has turned out at least good to amazing, I'm looking to upgrade (main reason I signed up here). I've already checked some topics that make me lean towards a Yoder or Rec Tec. TBD. I've had issues with wildly fluctuating temp swings with the Traeger. Sometimes we're talking as much as 60 degrees! Mainly in the "smoke" to 225 temp settings.

I live in the Phoenix area so dealing with high outside temps is a part of life 6-8 months out of the year. I look forward to learning from the experienced pros on this forum.

Welcome Rod

Comment

Welcome to The Pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rod! Great to have you here. I don' know much about pellet grills myself but many here do, and everyone who has a Yoder or Rec Tec has nothing but good things to say about them. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          Already done did that. That's why I posted an introduction! If there's a test then I'm hosed.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Then you get an A and 10 bonus points. Bonus points can be traded in for more bonus points.

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! Just signed up a few days ago meeself, although I joined 6 mos ago. I will never be able to offer any help with the high temp thing, I have the opposite problem. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rod!

Comment

Rod and FireMan, We Got a Twofor! Welcome to the Pit Gents! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from a fellow newbie!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rod. We're glad you're here!

Comment

LongIslandEd, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome LongIslandEd and FireMan. Glad you're here.

Comment

hey there Rod!

Comment

Hello Rod

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here