Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself

I was named after Gordie Howe & my name is not Howe. My moniker of FireMan is not some macho grillin' statement. It is in honor of my father who was a Detroit firefighter. In 1989 I moved to Wisconsin. It was like moving up north in Mi. There is nothing like the Great Lakes. I've only been cooking for about 10 yrs, although I was burning assorted meats on a grill for about 30 yrs. My specialty was killing chicken dead. I started with chili, then Chinese/wok & such. I then stumbled into Raichlen's books, then Myron Mixon's books. My grilled food started to get some rave reviews, esp. from my wife who is a gourmet cook. A little over a year ago we moved to Fond du Lac, into an apartment. The prerequisite for the apt was no steps, for I had spine surgery, they would allow our dog, & I needed a patio for my Weber. My further education was dramatically altered when I found Amazing Ribs. It only took me six mos. to do my intro. I was nicely coaxed into it by Huskee after I posted a request for smokin meat loaf. I also got a response from a charter member, livermoron, within hrs of my posting. I think I'm going to enjoy the ride. This site is fantastic!

Welcome to fire in the Pit! I am sure you have much to share, and there will be a lot shared to try. I have used Webers in the past when I didn't know what I was doing. Now I use my son's 26" kettle when visiting him. They are great cookers. Currently I cook on a Big Green Egg. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yes, you'll love this site. It's a thing of beauty!

And here's more 'work' from me (I promise this is the last assignment!)...............

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome FireMan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit FireMan!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Comment

Welcome FireMan and Happy holidays from Mid Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit FireMan ...

Comment

Happy grillen and welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome FireMan! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Hello FireMan , glad You found a place that worked out for You!

Comment

FireMan, Welcome to the Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Yo Fireman!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here